Breastfeeding
Options

Need advice, please

At what point can I let DD sleep longer than 3 hours at night? She breastfeeds every 2-3 hours during the day time, but at night I'm having to wake her up every 3 hours and she acts like she wants to sleep longer. She's is over her birth weight. Any thoughts would be great.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)

Re: Need advice, please

• Options
    at that age, i would let dd sleep up to 5 hours at least once a day and usually that was at night. i would not wake her at night at the 3 hour mark.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and I definitely will be asking my pediatrician, too, but we don't have another appointment until Nov. 12th.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi told me that once DD was back to her birth weight, it was not necessary to wake her for feedings at night anymore.
    My St. Patrick's day baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If she is at her BW then I would say its ok to let her go longer (As long as you have no supply issues, and if you do then its beneficial to you to wake her every 3-4 hours at night for few more wks). Most babies will not sleep more than 4-5 hours at that point anyway, but I wouldnt let her go longer than 5 hours. After a month old I would say its fine. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Once your baby has regained their birth weight, you don't have to wake them up to feed anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much, ladies. That's what I was thinking, but I wanted confirmation from other mamas. Big Smile
  • Options
    Once our LO was back to his birth weight, we didn't wake him at all during the night. He wakes up when he is hungry.
    image image

• Options
    Our doc said to feed on demand but not to let her go longer than 5 hours. Lately she has been eating about every 3.5 to 4.5 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"