Eco-Friendly Family

XP: Need some help shopping...

I posted this on the CD board, but only got one response (and it was a fabulous one!)  Thought I'd bring it over here for a little more feedback.

I am shopping for my CD accessories.  I have had shopping carts open at Kelly's Closet, Jillians Drawers and Cotton Babies all at once, but I can't seem to decide what I want.  I'm looking for 2 pail liners, 2 medium size wet bags, about 6 newborn prefolds and a snappi or two.  I know GMD prefolds are the most highly recommended, but what about any brands at any of these other stores (Bummis, Osocozy, etc)?  I'd like to order from one store if possible.  What are your favorite wet bags and pail liners?  Also...if anyone has any of this they're looking to sell, let me know!  Thanks in advance!  :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Need some help shopping...

• I've heard a lot of rec's for the prefolds at Cotton Babies. For pail liners I have PlanetWise. I got seconds and I haven't had a problem so far. I like them a lot. I also have a couple PlanetWise wetbags and I'm not fond of them. The PUL is already getting messed up and I've only had them for 3-4 months. I have a Bummis wet bag that I like better. I think it was cheaper too.
  • I've also heard the prefolds from Cottonbabies are good.  We used GMDs.  You may want to consider a full dozen, depending on what you already have as newborns go through a ton of changes and prefolds are relatively inexpensive.

I love my wahmies pail liners and leslie's boutique wetbags.  I have 2 of each.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have 26 KL0's (that I got with 5 covers for $175!  Gotta love Craigslist!) that I'm planning on using primarily...just wanted to try out a few prefolds out of curiosity, really.  I figured if I love them, then maybe I can sell some of the KL0's.  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRoJo0908:
    I have 26 KL0's (that I got with 5 covers for $175!  Gotta love Craigslist!) that I'm planning on using primarily...just wanted to try out a few prefolds out of curiosity, really.  I figured if I love them, then maybe I can sell some of the KL0's.  :-)

Very cool!  Most people on here recommend 36 diapers for the newborn phase just to give you an idea.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • I loathe my planetwise pail liner (for some reason, it stinks to high heaven and I can't fix it, but i LOVE my mommy's touch liner (which i bought from GMD.)

Wet bags - love Leslie's boutique .

i'd get a dozen PFs, you can use them for so much more than just regular diapering (burp cloths, stuffing pockets, swiffering). My infant (NB) PFs were from nell's natural baby and all subsequent ones have been organics from GMD. I do prefer the sized to the OS or 2-size style (aka longer & fold down), but that's just personal preference.

• I love monkeyfootdesigns on Etsy for wet bags.  I have every size, but the big ones I have (instead of a pail) lasted for 16 months.  I've just now replaced them.

I love GMD prefolds.  You can order snappis and other things on that site, too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"