Working Moms

Going back to work tomorrow

My LO is 2 months old and I will be going back to work tomorrow. I have loved my time off with LO, it has gone by so fast. I don't know how I am going to handle going back to work.

And to top it off LO is sick today. No matter what I have to go to work tomorrow so if she is not better DH may have to stay home with her. I hate to bail on the sitter on the first day but if she is sick I don't have another choice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going back to work tomorrow

• Good luck! Tomorrow's my first day back too. Hoping it goes quickly.
  • I know how you feel; I started part time last week while family/friends watched DS; tomorrow I start full time, and DS begins formal daycare. DS got a cold at 6wks, and while the cold symptoms are generally gone, he's still congested every day. He has his 2mo appt on Tuesday, so hoping the pedi can reassure me it's perfectly normal for his age and time of year. But I feel so bad about leaving him with others when he's not 100%; and I can tell the schedule is going to feel very hectic until we're used to it. The week at part time did help with getting the morning routine down and getting used to being away from DS for a few hrs, but I think it will just take a few weeks to truly be used to it and have it be the new 'normal.'
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had almost similar experience with you--I was set to go back to work at 10 weeks and then the DC lady (I use an in-home) told me that they have 3 kids that were getting over their cold, so they suggested that we kept DD another week or two since she was so young. So we did that hoping that we would avoid the cold and we did. Thankfully I was only going back to work 3 days/wk, so DH watched her those days. He loved being at home w/ her. Good luck tomorrow!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck!  I went back last week and I'm not going to lie, the first day was really hard, but each day got easier and easier.  I spent a lot of time cuddling with him this weekend too!
  • Good luck! You're going to do great and get into a routine really quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"