High Chair Recommendations? — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

High Chair Recommendations?

I'd love something that doesn't take up a lot of space. The Graco Contempo is appealing since it folds up and can be put away.

Re: High Chair Recommendations?

• The Fisher Price Space Saver is what my sister and SIL use, and what was used in the home I nannied for. It's a little seat that just straps on to a regular chair.  I really like it because it doesn't take up much space (hence the name, haha).

If you prefer a full size high chair, there was a post a bit further down asking for high chair (and swing) recs. It got some other replies so you might find it useful. Link here.

• I really  like the space saver ones (Fisher Price) that attach to a kitchen table chair.  We had a Chicco and it was fine but took up a lot of space and we were always tripping over it.  I also like the portability of the space saver- you can take it with you when you go out to eat, or to someone's house.  It really depends if you can give up kitchen chair though.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekelseymw:

The Fisher Price Space Saver is what my sister and SIL use, and what was used in the home I nannied for. It's a little seat that just straps on to a regular chair.  I really like it because it doesn't take up much space (hence the name, haha).

If you prefer a full size high chair, there was a post a bit further down asking for high chair (and swing) recs. It got some other replies so you might find it useful. Link here.

We have the FP Space Saver too. I love it!

• FP Space Saver over here too.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • LOVE our FP space saver. So convenient. We never have people over for dinner so losing a chair isn't a big deal. And we take it with us to people's houses, out to dinner, everywhere. It's great.

If we'd gotten a stand alone and could have afforded it, we loved the Stokke Tripp Trapp, but it's pretty pricey. 

imageimage

• I have the Peg Perego Tatamia. We live in NYC and storage was a huge concern. This one was perfect and stores easily, plus it has a large, firm base which was very important in our search.

I'd stay away from high chairs like the Trip Trapp with smaller bases because as the kid gets older, they can just kick towards the table and easily push the high chair backwards causing it to topple backward.  

• I have a Peg Perego and love it.  It folds up small when not in use, fold is very simple and can be used at any age since it reclines.  The space saver looked nice but it wont fit on our chairs so I needed a full size one.  We looked at others like the Chicco and Graco but they did not fold up as much or as flat as the Peg Perego and were much harder to fold and unfold.
  • We had a solid wood high chair at first.  It was nice and matched our furniture, but it was a PITA in a lot of ways.  We also now use the Fisher Price Space Saver.  I love it.  I can move it from dining table to breakfast bar to restaurant.  Very easy to clean, too. 

We also had a Chicco hook on chair for travel, but I would not recommend it unless they've made some changes.  It was perfectly safe and practical, but the seat was made of fabric that was not removable for washing. 

ETA:  We actually have this one, not the Space Saver.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster/dp/B0000DEW8N/ref=pd_sbs_ba_5

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards