Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Baby shower- how to RSPV...

I just recieved an invite for a baby shower for Dec 5 (my 1st EDD was Dec 4).  Now that I am pg, I'd like to think that I could go, but just seems like it could be too much.  I told DH I didn't know if I wanted to go, he says "why no, you are pg now?"  Boys don't get it sometimes. 

I plan waiting to RSVP, maybe as it get closer I will be feeling better about this pg and want to go.  If not, I know the girl with understand, she was get with my m/c.

I guess there is no real point to this post, just needed to get it out.  It just makes me sad. Thanks ladies. 

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

Re: Baby shower- how to RSPV...

• Options
    My best friend's shower is next weekend and I'm terrified. She's my best friend so of course I'm going and she will totally understand if I have to excuse myself.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I actually turned down a baby shower because it was right after my loss and before I was pregnant again.  I was honest with my friend and said that because of my m/c I wasn't comfortable being around all of the baby stuff.  She understood completely and I am planning on seeing her during Thanksgiving where I will give her a gift for her new little one. 

It's a tough situation and just don't try to please other people and not yourself. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... I have some time so I think I am going to wait to decide.  I just needed to get the idea off my chest.

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    I would RSVP honestly, especially if this friend was good through your m/c.  RSVP yes, and then, should you need to send regrets later, I'm sure she'll understand. 
  • Options

Congrats on your BFP!  I am so excited for you.   

With my 2nd pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage, I had an EDD of December 7th.  With my 3rd pregnancy, my EDD was July 28th.  The first trimester was a little stressful for me, because I had brown spotting.  But at least I was on progesterone and baby aspirin (due to recurrent pregnancy loss tests).  I was really thankful that I had a good first US.  And I got a Pap Smear--the next day I had red bleeding.  Luckily, two US later, baby was still there.  I did need to go on bed rest a little bit during that time in the first trimester.  Good NT Scan in January, good big ultrasound in March---and baby came early close to 31 weeks on 5/26 at 12:19am--it was an allnighter--with baby being taken immediatelly to the NICU--and 35 days later, he came home.  

Take care of yourself right now.  I would respond "Maybe".  And if anyone asks, just say that you are having some issues with health, and it is better for you wait to see if you are able to come to the baby shower. Even if everything goes well, you may be dealing with more nausea--some women get more nausea than others.  

It is over a month away.  So I really hope that your 1st trimester goes well for you.  It was fun being pregnant around Thanksgiving and Christmas (minus the red bleeding and bed rest--even I had to decline a birthday party due to bed rest).  And I concealed a lot of the pregnancy with a black maternity coat from Motherhood Maternity since it was chilly outside.   And it was fun being part of the July birth group--pregnant women in bikinis (not exactly me, but it was funny) and "Sparklers" July 4th holiday.  

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

My EDD was last weekend and I cried off and on for two days - day of and day after. Also, a month ago, I skipped a co-worker shower (2 pg coworkers w/ EDDs w/in one month of me on either side- no thank you. I mean, that would have been *my* shower, too. WAY too much to handle).

It has nothing to do with being pg again now. For me it was a reminder of how things could have been and that was way too painful and too much to put myself thru.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hosted my best friend's shower in August (before I knew I was pregnant again).  Our pregnancies were only about 4 weeks apart, so I dreaded having to go, letting alone hosting the event. But it turns out it went great.  I was able to block out any negative and be completely happy for her.  It may have been easier in some ways because I was hosting, so I was up doing stuff throughout the evening.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks girls.  She is a friend from work, so I think I am going to see who else is going before I decide. 

Babyshowers just bring up so many thoughts.

• Options
    Don't force yourself if you don't feel comfortable. We went to a couple's baby shower yesterday. The mom was 6 weeks ahead of what I should have been. I didn't expect it to be that hard on me. I feigned m/s and left as soon as we could politely go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"