Infertility

ET-Pushed to Day 6-I'm freaking out! Need info

I just got a call saying that they are pushing my ET back to Day 6. I know it is rare which is why it is freaking me out! Does anyone have any info or experience with Day 6 transfers? Thanks so much!
Diagnosis: MFI and Egg Quality Issues IVF#1-October-BFN ER-16 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2transferred and no frozen IVF#2- March-Beta 3/19 ER- 12 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2 transferred and 1 frozen-BFN. IVF#3 July ER-19 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. PGD results-4 out of 5 embryos are normal and will be banked. IVF#4 Sept 11' 22 eggs, 16 mature, 15 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. Total normal embryos banked, quality varies: FET-Nov 11'-BFP Beta #1: 156, Beta #2: 489 First u/s revealed TWINS!! 2nd u/s= 2 beautiful heartbeats! 12/17 Lost one of the twins :(BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ET-Pushed to Day 6-I'm freaking out! Need info

• I don't have any experience with that, but I wanted to say good luck!
  • I think this is a good thing.  It means they think your embryos are doing well and are trying to pick the best ones.
    IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a 6 day transfer with my fresh cycle and with my FETs. I got pg all 3 times but I always miscarry. Did they say why they are doing a 6 day transfer?
    Stacy
    PCOS, RPL, & Anti Cardiolipin Antibody
  • imageFaith722:
    I think this is a good thing.  It means they think your embryos are doing well and are trying to pick the best ones.

This!  I think that's really good. 

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any experience...but wanted to wish you lots of luck! Maybe this is a good thing..?
  • I think this a good thing.  You must have a lot of good embryos and they are trying to figure out which are the best to transfer back.

Good luck. 

• Thanks everyone! I talked to the doctor and he informed me the reason they are pushing to Day 6 is because the embryos are still in the morula stage. They are waiting to see if they become a blast by tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!
    Diagnosis: MFI and Egg Quality Issues IVF#1-October-BFN ER-16 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2transferred and no frozen IVF#2- March-Beta 3/19 ER- 12 eggs, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 2 transferred and 1 frozen-BFN. IVF#3 July ER-19 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. PGD results-4 out of 5 embryos are normal and will be banked. IVF#4 Sept 11' 22 eggs, 16 mature, 15 fertilized...waiting til Day 5 to PGD. Total normal embryos banked, quality varies: FET-Nov 11'-BFP Beta #1: 156, Beta #2: 489 First u/s revealed TWINS!! 2nd u/s= 2 beautiful heartbeats! 12/17 Lost one of the twins :(BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"