March 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: Rocky Horror Picture Show/Glee

I'd never seen Rocky Horror, but Glee is one of my favorite shows.  When we watched last weeks episode it made me want to watch the movie.  We watched it last night, and I really liked it...but the end got crazy.  I think I need to watch it one more time to make up my mind. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Rocky Horror Picture Show/Glee

• Options
    If you go see Rocky Horror, see it in the theatre (one of the midnight showings).  It's the only real way to see it.  The movie on it's own is not that great.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options

Better yet, if you have the opportunity go to a live production of it!  We went last night and it was a BLAST!!! I thought I liked the movie/musical before, but now !!!! WOW!!!!  I never realized I would have so much fun throwing things at people on stage!  They have a whole production of times you're supposed to throw things- 

wedding scene- throw rice,

rain scene- use a water gun to spray the actors with water

toast- to throw when frank makes a toast at dinner

Cards- throw when he says he's going home- "cards for sorrow"

It was a blast!  I was worried, my pregnancy hormones would kick in and i'd be annoyed with people throwing things, but i loved it!  We were dancing and singing along!  I will definetly go again and again!  There is a place near us that does it every year, and I used to work with the directors wife- so i have a connection to get discounts!!!!! 

HarLynn's mama
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrssburnison:

Better yet, if you have the opportunity go to a live production of it!  We went last night and it was a BLAST!!! I thought I liked the movie/musical before, but now !!!! WOW!!!!  I never realized I would have so much fun throwing things at people on stage!  They have a whole production of times you're supposed to throw things- 

wedding scene- throw rice,

rain scene- use a water gun to spray the actors with water

toast- to throw when frank makes a toast at dinner

Cards- throw when he says he's going home- "cards for sorrow"

It was a blast!  I was worried, my pregnancy hormones would kick in and i'd be annoyed with people throwing things, but i loved it!  We were dancing and singing along!  I will definetly go again and again!  There is a place near us that does it every year, and I used to work with the directors wife- so i have a connection to get discounts!!!!! 

That sounds awesome!  I'd like to find a live performance around here somewhere.  I loved the music and the characters, it just got to be weird at the end.  Probably doesn't help that I started it too late at night, and at the end I was fighting to stay awake.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We always go see the Fishnet Mafia perform it at Studio 35.  They put it on once a month.  I've never taken my husband, because it's pretty raunchy, but the girls like to go every once in awhile.  You definately have to have an open mind.  It's where the freaky side comes out of people.  lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"