June 2011 Moms
Options

symptoms of my pregnancy or sickness???

So since Friday I have had a sore throat.. which always seems ten times worse at night... On top of it I've had a horrible headache that hasn't seemed to go away.. I've taken tylenol on Friday and this morning because I couldn't stand it.. ?I've gotten almost no sleep because I keep waking up feeling like crap. ?Yesterday I felt dizzy and almost fainted 3 times in the shower (had to sit down until the spinning stopped). ?I threw up this morning once I was able to drag myself out of bed. ?Everything except the sore throat could be explained by the pregnancy. ?I guess I'll call my doctor, but I'm wondering if I should be concerned. ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: symptoms of my pregnancy or sickness???

• Options
    I wouldn't be concerned too much either way.  Either it's morning sickness or a cold.  Try drinking hot tea to see if your throat feels better and go from there.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Maybe a combo of pregnancy and being sick. I wouldn't worry too much, hope you feel better soon!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cold symptoms can be a symptom of pregnancy.  Increased estrogen and blood flow causes swelling in the mucous membranes of your nose.  Of course, it could also be a cold.  My OB said Theraflu, Sudafed, and Tylenol Cold medicine is ok for colds. 

I've had a stuffy nose and sore throat since Thursday.  I've been sleeping with a humidifier and an extra pillow, and it's improved a little.

• Options

Make extra sure you're drinking up a storm, if you're feeling dizzy it could be related to mild dehydration, and vomiting won't help that either!

Hope you feel better soon!

• Options

One major clue to me every time I got pregnant was a sore throat. You are probablly dehydrated and due to the m/s you could also have your blood pressure dropping so it is making you feel dizzy. Talk to you doctor about the dizziness but other than that you are probablly just a bit sick from pregnancy.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    Thank you all for the advice.. Once I dragged myself into the shower (a cooler one this time) and got myself dressed, I felt a little bit better. ?I've managed to get some stuff done around the house, but a naptime may be in order. ?We'll see how I feel tomorrow. ?Throat is still scratchy but not hurting so much anymore. ?If I wasn't pregnant, I would have taken some NyQil and called it a day! ?Oh well, it's all worth it right?
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling a little better!  I hope you feel much better soon. And yes, it'll all be worth it! Smile
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"