Success after IF

Question for the other nurses re: slutty nurse costumes

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Feminazi. However, I get so freaking irked when I see the slutty  nurse costumes. I think they are degrading. I busted my hump to get my nursing degree, and anybody that has been through nursing school knows it isn't a cake walk. Nursing school is hard. The science classes (ughh..dreaded A+P) are brutal.

What I do for a living is not "sexy". Digitally disimpacting someone? Not sexy. Giving an enema? Not sexy. Packing a stage 4 sacral wound? Not sexy. You get the point. It's just one of my biggest pet peeves.

TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for the other nurses re: slutty nurse costumes

• Not a nurse, but I agree!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, smilee :)
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a nurse and I totally agree with you.  I hate it.
  • Not a nurse, but I agree. However I'm an admitted prude and think all of those slutty costumes are degrading.
  • imagecjsbdl:
    Not a nurse, but I agree. However I'm an admitted prude and think all of those slutty costumes are degrading.

THIS IS TOTALLY ME!!!

• I agree. I have the same issue with the slutty teacher, police officer, etc. All are jobs that you work your butt off to get into, and take a serious amount of dedication.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecjsbdl:
    Not a nurse, but I agree. However I'm an admitted prude and think all of those slutty costumes are degrading.

I agree...its not just the nurse its anything slutty...I mean maybe your freshman year in college but grown adults...NMS.... 

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• word.

yet it doesn't really bother me personally that there's costumes like that. I get tired of old men patients that think that's how we're supposed to look (hello, we don't wear white dresses anymore, we wear dumpy scrubs and sneakers, lol) but I have yet to date see an actual housekeeper wear fishnets and heels while cleaning, so whatevs ;-)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • I am a nurse, and yes, I hate it. 

Maybe one year I'll dress as an ACTUAL nurse...you know, maybe go how I would look after 12 hours in the ICU.  Hair a hot mess, blood and feces and vomit and whatever else on my scrubs...how's that for a sexy nurse?

• As someone who is pursuing a nursing degree...I agree with you.  So far, nursing is hard as hell.  
  • I'm a prude too.  I don't care for those costumes, and I'm not a fan of the sexy nun, pregnant nun, pervert priest.

• i think it's sad that women feel the need to be a sexy anything for halloween... unless you are trying to just be a whore- then, go for it :)

and yeah, what the nurses did for me after giving birth was SO not sexy. I kept thanking them and telling them how much I appreciated them for doing such a gross job :)

• agree.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I totally agree with those of you that hate all sexy costumes. I don't know when Halloween became a time for women to dress so skimpy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"