February 2011 Moms

What would you do? Stroller/Car Seat related!

Close friends of ours just had a baby the middle of July the same week he was born they purchased a car seat from Babies R Us:

https://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3788827

She called me Friday because her son is now 17lbs and they are purchasing a 3-in-1 Car seat within the next month, she asked me if I wanted it, they are giving it to us, and said that we could save some money if we only have to purchase the stroller.

Our problem is we can't find a stroller that it attaches to, and our parents offered to go in together and get us a travel system (if we don't need it they will get us something else we need). 

One good thing about a travel system is we can attach the car seat and go in malls....etc but LO is due in Feb and we live in Canada (not nice weather) and I have to walk daily to get DS from school, so I purchased a Snugli Carrier instead of having to push the stroller through snow/ice. Once the weather gets good enough for daily walks LO will be 2-3 months old and can just sit in the stroller.

Would you just use the car seat and purchase the stroller or get a travel system?

Re: What would you do? Stroller/Car Seat related!

• It says at the bottom what items you can attach it to, you should take the free car seat since it is pretty new and just get the snap and go system it attaches to to use for a couple months. You could have your parents just buy you whatever full size stroller you will want to use once its warm enough for walks after a few months, you dont need to purchase a travel system. They actually tend to be really heavy and bulky (from what ive been told by a few people) thats why we did not get one.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got the Chicco Cortina travel system and it is awesome. One idea would be to take the car seat and use it as a spare in your spouse's vehicle or for the grandparents.  Otherwise I agree with PP you could get the snap and go and use that with the free car seat.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would use the car seat and find a stroller that I LOVE..even if it wasn't compatible with the car seat.  We found a brand new Maclaren for a little over $100 at Homegoods (reg price $300) and it does not work with our car seat.  It does however lay flat so we could use it when he is a newborn.

In the long run, how long are you really going to be using the travel system as compared to a high quality stroller that you love? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd get a snap & go if you'd use it and a regular stroller.  Most car seat attachments are the same price as a snap and go. 
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • If I were you, I'd accept the car seat and buy the Baby Trend Snap and Go.  We got the Chicco travel system but used the Snap and Go every single time we went out in the car.  It's just so much lighter and easier.  Then take some time to really research a great stroller for when your LO can sit up better and ask you parents to help you pay for it.

If nothing else could you use the car seat as an extra?  For your parents, in-laws, extra car, etc???

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"