April 2011 Moms
Options

thanksgiving excitement!

In looking at everyone else's thanksgiving food pictures...I haven't been able to chose one for myself because I am so exciting about EVERYTHING related to thanksgiving! 

I am flying from maui back to my hometown in Maryland to visit my family for thanksgiving and I am sooooo looking forward to all of the GOOD FOOD!!  They do not do comfort food quite the same here, and thanksgiving is my favorite Party!!!

I hope I do not come back 20 lbs heavier!  Just had to share that hehehe

Re: thanksgiving excitement!

• Options
    Oh yes I cannot wait!  I am going to be stuffed to the max with stuffing.  Yum yum yum
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can't wait for yummy food.  We're from the North West and we now live in the South and going to Louisiana for Thanksgiving can't wait to have a Southern style Thanksgiving.  =)

So glad my GD test isn't before Thanksgiving, I'd be sad if I had to severely limit myself. (had GD before, most likely will again)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure the food will be amazing!  However, I think it's funny that everyone I know has said how lucky April moms are because we won't have to be pregnant in the summer....however, we have to make it through the holidays where even people who aren't pregnant have a hard time controlling their appetite.....so yeah, April moms have their burden to bear, too!   I am already thinking about the stuffing...yum!
  • Options

This is very true!!  I have thought about this a few time...I mean, if the average person packs on a few LB's during the holidays, what is this going to mean for us?  Eek!

Oh well, I have a feeling the stuffing, pumpkin pie, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc, etc will be worth it Wink

• Options

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday b/c of all my favorite foods are made!  I just hope I can fit it all in...I have been getting so full so quick lately- darn progesterone!

OP:  I so envy that you live in Maui...I wanted to move there after our vacation in 2008- why the heck was I born in MI??!

• Options

imagetipper96:
    I'm sure the food will be amazing!  However, I think it's funny that everyone I know has said how lucky April moms are because we won't have to be pregnant in the summer....however, we have to make it through the holidays where even people who aren't pregnant have a hard time controlling their appetite.....so yeah, April moms have their burden to bear, too!   I am already thinking about the stuffing...yum!

This is funny because the other day as I was reaching for yet another piece of Halloween candy I thought to myself I would never enjoy this as much as I do right this second since I'm pregnant and I don't feel guilty about eating it. Bad I know but I'm pretty careful otherwise and it was damn good!

• Options
    Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. My MIL doesn't really go all out like my family but I think this year my SIL and I are planning on completely taking over. She can do the turkey,we'll handle the rest! I need to be satisfied because I've been craving Thanksgiving for 2 months now!! 
  • Options
    I might be in the minority but I don't like typical Thanksgiving food. I love getting together w/  family and what not I just hate the food that is traditionally served. I usually end up eating sweet potatoes and biscuits b/c that is all I really like. I also despise pie of any kind. I still look forward to the holiday b/c it is time spent w/ those I love.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

NOT PREGNANT in the summer, how about winter?  My last two pregnancies where in the summer and I lived in Florida.  I agree about the holidays and the burden of having all the food and goodies around.

For those traveling have a great time visiting family.  Makes me realize none of my family will be with us this year.  Its all DHs family.  I'm not complaining they are all great people.  It will be the first Thanksgiving and Xmas with out any of my family.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am super excited about Thanksgiving too! My mom makes the best cornbread stuffing!! I get TWO Thanksgivings this year, one at my parent's house, and another on Saturday with the in-laws! YAY ME!! BRING ON THE PECAN PIE!!!!!!!!!! Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"