Two Under 2
Options

Carseat Q?

Moms with 2 under 2 - if you bought an infant seat for your first, what did you buy next?  I'm planning on using the infant seat for LO, and we're looking into getting a convertible seat for DD...  I see there are seats that are 3 in one, that I can use until DD needs a booster seat - is this something any of you guys have done?  Has it worked out?  Any input would be awesome!

Thanks!

Re: Carseat Q?

• Options

Its safest in my opinion to have them in a 5 point harness car seat for as long as possible. We bought DS a roundabout 50 from Britax when he outgrew the length in his graco snugride at 7 months. He is still in it, and DD is in the graco. When he outgrows the weight (shes chunkier) we will buy a new britax for her. 

DS is almost 2 and still has plenty of room to grow in is Britax height wise and weight wise (its the same height as the marathon just a lower weight limit). My 6.5 yo niece JUST grew out of the height of her marathon 6 months ago and so my sister got a new britax thats taller. So she's still in a car seat. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCaitlinJ22:

Its safest in my opinion to have them in a 5 point harness car seat for as long as possible. 

I agree.  We have a Britax Boulevard for DS and a Britax Marathon for DD. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have an infant seat for Dominic and our girls our in Marathon.  Natalie is rearfacing.  I suggest getting a convertible with high height/weight maxs.

Olivia is nearly four and has no where near growing out of the Marathon.   

• Options
    imageCaitlinJ22:

Its safest in my opinion to have them in a 5 point harness car seat for as long as possible. We bought DS a roundabout 50 from Britax when he outgrew the length in his graco snugride at 7 months. He is still in it, and DD is in the graco. When he outgrows the weight (shes chunkier) we will buy a new britax for her. 

Yes  We did the same thing.  DS1 outgrew his Snugride by length at 7 months and he's not in a Britax Roundabout 50 - still rear facing and has plenty of room.  DS2 in in the Snugride and when he outgrows it he'll be going to another convertible car seat. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We bought a convertible for DD1 since she was still rearfacing. Then when DD2 outgrew the infant seat, we put her in the convertible seat and got DD1 a forward facing carseat that will fit her until she is done. We have a Alpha Omega Elite and a Graco Nautilus. I would recommend the Nautilus but I'm not really crazy over the Alpha Omega Elite. My IL's got it for us and it wouldn't have been my first choice.
  • Options

I had the Graco Safe Seat until DD was 10 months, then we bought the Sunshine Kids Radian 65. I really like the Radian.

Pro: It's narrow/compact and doesn't take up a huge amount of space in the backseat, which is great when you have 2 carseats back there.

Con: It's HEAVY (it has a steel frame) so if you travel a lot, you should def invest in a bag with wheels to cart the thing around. My husband carried it around the airport and was in pain for a week b/c it weighs a ton.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"