Attachment Parenting
Options

Suspicious pooping....(EC)

Okay, I have bragged a little (haha) about how great DS has been pooping on the potty for the last couple of months, so I have to come clean to you ladies about what's going on now.  Poopy diapers.  Stinky poopy diapers.  Almost every day.  Arg!!! 

So I thought: maybe his cues / schedule has just changed, let's pay attention to when he goes....and I realized that now he only poops during naptime.  When I've put him in his crib and left the room for a few minutes to see if he'll sleep on his own.  Hmmm.....And then he cries and I come in and smell it and pick him up and take him to the potty, where he sits there in a jolly old mood, kicking his feet and "talking" and "singing" to me....hmmmm......     

My little monster cracks me up.    

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Suspicious pooping....(EC)

• Options
    Are you really having success potty training alread??? Wow.  I wanted to try this with DS but DH didn't buy that it could be done.  Hmmmm.  How did you go about it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagegdemars:
    Are you really having success potty training alread??? Wow.  I wanted to try this with DS but DH didn't buy that it could be done.  Hmmmm.  How did you go about it?

Well, we call it "potty learning" and a lot of it has to do with the parents letting the baby train them (to figure out when baby has to go).  Wink

But yes, lots of success.  We started at 3 mos on a whim, b/c I had seen it on this board.  I never thought it would be so successful or that we would enjoy it so much.  By the time he was 5 mos, it was obvious that he was "holding it" until we gave him another opportunity to go potty.  And we had only 5 or 6 poopy diapers between 6 and 9 mos...daily poop success until last week.  So, full disclosure: it's not a situation where you put in a couple of months worth of work and then they're potty trained....there are ups and downs.  But if you're interested, go to diaperfreebaby.com.  Also, there are some great posters on this board who are very helpful. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

sneaky little buggar! That's adorable.

I've started putting Bunny on the big potty with the insert and a magazine and he flips pages and chats until something happens and then he drops the magazine and reaches for me. I'm totally buy comic books for this purpose. And then I will take a picture. ;-)

• Options
    imageEmmieB:

sneaky little buggar! That's adorable.

I've started putting Bunny on the big potty with the insert and a magazine and he flips pages and chats until something happens and then he drops the magazine and reaches for me. I'm totally buy comic books for this purpose. And then I will take a picture. ;-)

omg, hilarious!!!  You have to post pictures!
    (DH took a bunch of pics of DS "reading" the Economist on the big potty, but they were just staged, he doesn't actually flip pages.)

• Options
    we're hitting the comic book store today so i definitely will!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"