May 2011 Moms

Symptom Free (more or less) but No Belly!

I'm so paranoid, I know... but I've been having bleeding throughout my pregnancy which, after sex which I thought was okay, came back again this week.  Also, all of my morning sickness is gone, and my boob soreness has gone down tremendously.  The only symptom I've had this week is constipation!

Each day I try to think that maybe I finally have a little belly... but I don't think its their yet.  The only reason I think I'm pregnant anymore is because every now and then I feel this brief little fluttering in my belly.  It's probably just indigestion!

Anyone else going through this 12/13 week blues?  I want my belly to get big, and I want an ultrasound machine in my home! I totally understand why people get dopplers!

Re: Symptom Free (more or less) but No Belly!

• I called my doctor when I woke up with no morning sickness, because I was scared. They said it would (hopefully) all go away pretty quicly around 11 or 12 weeks. Maybe you are just at that stage!

I don't have a tummy yet either.

• i have a tummy, but it's mostly bowels---i struggle with the same constipation thing.  every time i think i'm not pregnant because most of my symptoms are going away, DH points out how overly paranoid, anxious, and emotional i am and states "yeah, okay....you're barren.  sure!"  it makes me feel better every time :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I can so relate to your post because I worry all the time that something is wrong.  We had the 12w NT scan not so long ago and my next appt isn't until I'm 16w, but right now I have this urge to just run to my doctor so that he can tell me that everything is ok. 

I'm not feeling the baby move a whole lot right now and more than getting big, I just want to feel movement on a regular, consistent basis so I can check in with the LO every now and then.

If this is your first, it's normal not to have a belly at this point.  I didn't look pregnant to my co-workers until I was over 20w pregnant with DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, everyone, for the reassurance.  I caved and bought a doppler on Amazon last night.  I quietly told my husband, thinking he'd be upset that I spent the money, and he said "NO!  I'm happy that you bought it!  That's going to be the coolest thing ever.  I don't care if you spent $200!."  Hopefully that will give us some piece of mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"