May 2011 Moms

Ugh maternity pants are too big and regular pants are too tight!

I keep sagging in my maternity pants.  I guess I am in the akward stage!!  Anyone else in this stage with me?

Re: Ugh maternity pants are too big and regular pants are too tight!

• right.there.with.you.

My most comfy outfit as of now is my velor jumpsuit...and that is it.

• yup, I put the bella band over the maternity jeans and they stay up.
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
  • Loading the player...
  • the bella band helps, but somedays, i just commit to hiking them up all day lol

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• I use the BeBand (Target brand) over my unbuttoned/half unzipped regular pants.  My maternity pants are way to big in the butt and don't stay up well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  

Same here. I just bought a belly band today and I think it may do the trick.

• I tried to find some mat pants the other day and they all seem huge! Not just in the belly part but the thighs and butt and even length. I was going down 2 sizes from my pre pregnancy weight and I was still swimming in them.

So yeah, I'm just doing the unbuttoned w/ beband thing for now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.VanMus:

right.there.with.you.

My most comfy outfit as of now is my velor jumpsuit...and that is it.

this and leggings.  After my NT Scan on Thursday, I going to graduate to full fledfge maternity clothing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • most moms i know have told me that they have never found maternity pants that stay up properly---no matter what size the belly is.  i just commit to hiking mine up and wearing longer shirts because my pre-pregnancy pants do not zip at all thanks to bloating and constipation.  and my bella band annoys me--rides up---i had junk in the trunk before baby :-p  i figure this is the one and only time i can have the staying up problem and feel okay about it!!!
  • Yup!!!  Right there with ya!! I bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans and I bought them to fit me from now, for a little while.  I couldn't stand how uncomfortable my other jeans were!  Granted they probably won't fit me throughout my entire pregnancy, but I am really glad that I finally got a pair of pants that fit me comfortably.  I also bought the BeBand from Target, except I don't have many pairs of pre-pregnancy jeans that even fit me anymore.  They are all really tight!

• I am anxiously awaiting mat pants from Gap and ON.  In the mean time I'm using the BeBand from Target, and getting annoyed at all the adjustments through the day.  Hoping the mat pants fit! 

FWIW, last pg I did find that designer jeans tend to fit really well... consistent sizing in but/thighs, but I refused to spend $200+ on mat jeans. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am going shopping today for this reason exactly.  I need something, my lst pair of fat jeans that I have been wearing are just not cutting it anymore. 
  • I'm not washing my pre-preg jeans and they're fitting better :)
  • imagejanice74:
    yup, I put the bella band over the maternity jeans and they stay up.

Oooh, good idea!  My mat jeans are totally slipping down now, but I can't fit into my regular pants any more.  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• I bought a pair of jeans a sizer bigger than normal and those have been my favorite pants untl I washed and accidently dried them.  Umm so now I am living in sweatpants and undoing my button and using a hair tye if needed during the day.  The maternity pants I got from a friend aren't going to work. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thank God for the bella band! Same boat! As soon as I get home, I wear sweats or pajama bottoms. I am sure my husband thinks I am "hot"

• Yes.  I hate normal pants, and I am always pulling up my maternity pants.  I have been living in my PJ pants when I am at home.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Dresses and leggings - knit dresses or sweater dresses. Or tunic shirts and leggings. Those are going to be my staple this pregnancy.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"