Georgia Babies

sick and no appetitie

L is sick this weekend with some virus.  She doesn't have much appetite and won't eat any solids.  She will only take milk and water.  What will your kid eat even when they don't have an appetite?  I've tried her favorite foods and still nothing.  At what point should I be concerned?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sick and no appetitie

• As long as she's taking liquids you're good. If you still have formula, you could give her that if you are worried about her not taking calories. Other than that, I wouldn't worry. She will work it out.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • thanks!  We are on whole milk so there is no formula.  I'm sure she will be a bottomless pit when she does get her appetite back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • She'll bounce back in no time, just keep offering fluids.
  • Ditto everyone!  If you're really concerned you could offer Pedialyte; if she doesn't like the liquid form (don't get the plain; it just FEELS gross in your mouth--I tried it when HC wouldn't drink it once, just to see), they make great popsicles.  Might be that her throat is sore/scratchy, so something nice and cold (or warm, if she'll take warmed milk or tea) will make her feel better.  Applesauce, yogurt, anything smooth and chilly always helps us.  Hope she feels better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"