Pregnant after IF

I'm f*cking miserable today

I am going to complain. If it offends you click out of the post. Sorry. But I have nowhere else to say this and I'm so upset right now I just need to say it.

I was doing awesome up until week 27 and now I'm so goddamn uncomfortable. My hips hurt so freaking bad and the bottom of my belly aches. It hurts to lay on my side because my hips hurt so bad. I actually had to find a way to lay on my stomach last night just to get some sleep.

I'm hungry all.the.time. and I feel like an enormous beast and I'm emotional as all hell right now. I think mostly because I'm afraid at how much worse this is going to get over the next few weeks.

I love my babies, I want to keep them in as long as possible for their health, blah blah blah, but I don't want to feel this way anymore and I feel guilty for saying that.

I pretty much have burst into tears about 5 times today for no reason. And I've only cried two other times during this whole pregnancy.

Please tell me it gets better. I can't do this for another 10 weeks. 

Re: I'm f*cking miserable today

• ((HUGS)) I'm still behind you but I also have some incredibly uncomfortable days and wonder how the hell I'm going to carry these babies 8 or 10 more weeks.  It's so tough and it's OK to complain sometimes, especially to us. 

The only thing I've been able to do that helps is to occasionally pop a tylenol PM before bed, it helps me not to wake up quite so much and in the morning I wake up feeling actually rested and able to handle the rest of the discomforts a little better.   

You CAN do this!!!!!!!!  It's probably not going to be fun but I know you can do it.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you for not judging me :( I feel so guilty over feeling so unhappy.

I'm probably just exhausted, even getting out of bed last night to go to the bathroom was awful and sitting down on the toilet was worse. I really had the worst 24 hours of my pregnancy to date yesterday. And I got SO much done, but I paid the price for it last night.

I hope your next 8-10 weeks is a breeze and you get some relief too!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Hang in there Niki.  Before you know it your LOs will be here and this will all be a distant memory.  You can do it and it's ok to complain.  (((Hugs)))
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No judging here sweetie, I hope you have some better days soon too. 
  • No judging....huge hugs.  I hope you get some relief and have some better days!
  • Oh honey, no flames from me at all.  Of course you can complain!  Pregnancy is hard, no matter what you went through to get pg.  I'm sorry you're in pain and discomfort and hope it gets better for you soon ((( hugs))).

TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My really miserable days were usually followed by a break for a week or so.  Hang in there.

ETA:  Here's my 27 week blog post.  Seems like I was in that "break" period.  ;)

https://dishbaby.blogspot.com/2009/11/27-weeks.html

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Being miserable doesn't mean you don't love your babies or that you aren't thankful that you are pregnant. 

It is hard work growing one baby - I tip my hat to those of you growing more.  I can't imagine how hard 3rd tri is with multiples. 

Just know that you will forget all of the pain, aches, and discomfort of these last few weeks when you hold your babies.

• No flames here!  This pregnancy stuff is hard! I'm definitely noticing a difference between this pregnancy and the last. Maybe because I'm almost 5 years older, but I think carrying twins is just harder too.  My belly isn't that big, but it grows so damn fast that it HURTS!  I'm way too small to have this much trouble rolling over in bed, but there it is. I think the sling will help you a lot. It has me, and I'm way behind you

In the meantime, do you feel up to going swimming?  I went last week and the weightlessness felt great.  It helps with swelling and stuff too, if you're having any of that. If not, even a hot bath feels great (just skip the hot tub, obviously)

Speaking of being behind you, just this week things started to hit me like a ton of bricks.  I'm starting to have a really hard time picturing working 2 more months.  I'm just completely sore and exhausted, and I've been on break this week! (Though possibly entertaining a 4 year old has been more exhausting that teaching. Let you know next week.)

Anyway, you don't really have any control about when the babies come, beyond taking it easy to keep them baking.  So given that, it's got to all be attitude and doing things to make yourself comfortable. Pillows under the belly, prenatal massage, chiropractor, whatever it takes to get you through! 

At any rate, vent away.  Hope this is just a growth spurt and you feel better next week!

• Niki - no judgment from me.  I am feeling EVERY single thing you are feeling.  We can both do this. 

Big hug from another twin mom to be that's also struggling.

• imagewaitwhat:

Niki - no judgment from me.  I am feeling EVERY single thing you are feeling.  We can both do this. 

Big hug from another twin mom to be that's also struggling.

Big hug right back at ya, hon! We can commiserate together.

I cried so hard this morning that I definitely scared our dog and maybe even my husband ;) 

• Niki - If there's one thing I know about you, it's that you are one strong woman. I know you are uncomfortable right now. I can't imagine having two of these little ones inside of me. But you can do this. I know you can! You went through hell to get here, and I know you can make it a little longer to the end prize. Before you know it, you're going to be holding your LOs in your arms.

Try not to be too hard on yourself hon.

(((((hugs))))) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Awww I am sorry you are feeling so miserable, I know how hard it is. But I keep thinking that its all for a good cause and it will be over soon. I know me, I will look back and think of these times and get a little teary eyed. I hope you get some relief and feel better soon. Now is the time to really start taking it easy.
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No judging.  Ever.  That was me most of this week.  My emotions are whacked and now I've developed sciatic pain . . . needless to say, you are NOT alone. 

Vent and complaint away!  I don't believe that just because I went through IF I surrendered my right to complain when in physical pain or feeling emotional/irrational.   

• I could have written your post today. I wonder too if I feel so much worse today because I didn't get an afternoon rest yesterday. I'm hoping Kim is right ie. that there will be a little break from this soon. Hang in there and get some rest!
    B/G twins!
  • I think it was around 27 wks that things started to get crappy for me too. The hip pain and leg pain was so bad I had to wake up and roll over, so I feel your pain there. The thing I found that helped stop or lessen the leg and hip pain was to stretch my back, specifically my lower back. I know what I have been through with just carrying one, Niki I can't imagine what carrying more is like. You are totally entitled to feeling like crap and having crap days, hello your pg! Hang in there and know that soon you'll be holding your LOs and all this will be war stories you can guilt them with. lol *hugs*
  • imageLCB34:

Being miserable doesn't mean you don't love your babies or that you aren't thankful that you are pregnant. 

Well said, LCB.

• Reading this actually brings me comfort! Obviously I am at the very, VERY beginning stages of my first pregnancy and I am so nervous and anxious about what's in store for the next 8  months, but hearing everything you ladies are going through makes me appreciate the process, and also lets me know that it's ok to not feel GREAT about this all the time. Of course we are all incredibly grateful for being pg, but it doesn't mean we won't be miserable at times. I am looking forward to the ups and downs of my pregnancy, and I will remember this post waaayyyy down the road when I get to the point you are at, so thanks for that Wink

I hope you get some relief soon hun! Hang in there over the next several weeks. You can do it!!

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh hon - I'm so sorry you're feeling so miserable!  I wish I had words of wisdom for you.  (((huge hugs)))  I hope it gets better.
  • Thanks Niki for sharing your meltdown! I am sure mine is coming soon. I only have one baby in my belly and I am starting to get that worn out feeling. I can only imagine how you must feel and you are tiny! This baby moves CONSTANTLY! It's like WWII in there. I bought a Snoogle today because I am just starting to have back pain and not sleeping too well. 
    I am hypoglycemic and when I go a long period of time with no sleep, everything makes me cry. I work in retail and I am on my feet 9 hours a day. I am praying i survive the holidays! Don't feel bad Niki, it's normal and we will get through this and totally forget about it when our little miracles get here! Then the real craziness will begin!
  • i'm so sorry Niki!  I have days where I want to throw in the towel and I just have one cooking in there.  I hope you are having a better day today, hang in there!!!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• imageLCB34:

Being miserable doesn't mean you don't love your babies or that you aren't thankful that you are pregnant. 

It is hard work growing one baby - I tip my hat to those of you growing more.  I can't imagine how hard 3rd tri is with multiples. 

Just know that you will forget all of the pain, aches, and discomfort of these last few weeks when you hold your babies.

i can't either - LOL.  Wink

i won't judge you either.  i hope the next 8-10 weeks fly by for you as painlessly as possible.  ((hugs))

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"