Stay at Home Moms

what is your toddler eating?

DD is going through her first picky eating phase & I am lacking in the creativity department - looking for new ideas.  What are some go to, healthy favorities for your kids? 

Re: what is your toddler eating?

• For the most part, S eats what we eat, but I'm always trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables.  A few of her current favorites are:

quiche (I can sneak a few veggies in there)

tacos (she LOVES salsa and I simmer black beans with tomatoes and onions for more veg and protein.  I mash up the beans so she can dip her taco shell into them.)

butternut squash w/ a little brown sugar sprinkled on it

hummus w/pita chips 

I also started making her a side dish with apple pieces, craisins, feta cheese and white balsamic dressing that she loves right now.

Good luck!

• Emma has her picky moments too, but I can usually get her to eat strawberries, grapes, apples, animal crackers, whole wheat pretzel rods, cheese, macaroni, and she loves toast.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• Loading the player...
  • Mo has been in a picky stage for the past 4 mo. My neighbor told me about Dr.Praeger's frozen foods. Organic/Kosher veggie bites. She will eat the broccoli bites because she thinks she's eating a dinosaur or star or teddy bear. They also make fish in the shape of fish and spinach bites too.

Raisins/craisins

She's obsessed with clementines and she gets them for dessert.

PBJ- which she helps to make

animal crackers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • alaina's been eating less, and pickier about it. my best bets are casseroles, pasta, corn dogs (not healthy, but she does eat - lol), any fruit, raw veggies (carrots, celery, baby spinach, cucumber), broccoli, yogurt and cheese.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Grilled (fake) cheese and tomato soup is a new favorite

most veggies and fruits are easy

I know they are quite processed but he likes lunchables and he eats well most of the time

it's the protein we have issues with.  DS is allergic to peanuts and milk and is over eggs and beans.  Ugh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD will eat the following when she feels like it:

cheese

multi-grain crackers

grapes

apples

bananas

pears

spinach

pulled pork

tofu

broccoli

zucchini

grilled chicken

grilled cheese sandwiches on whole wheat bread

quesadillas

guacamole on crackers

• My kid is weird and will ALWAYS eat cottage cheese and broccoli.

Have you checked out the pre-school board?  They are always posting about their bento lunches (basically, it's food presented in a cute way to get your kid to eat it!)

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • My kid has been picky too lately and I was getting really concerned.  This is what I did.  Got rid of all sugary stuff in the house like fruit snacks and treats and stuff.  They were always just treats but she was fixating on them and only wanted that.  Also I started making her green monster smoothies.  Basically fresh spinach blended with milk and banana and other frozen fruit.  She loves them and gets her fruits and veggies in that way.  I've also been trying to offer her 5 different colors of food during the day.  I can't control what she eats but I can control what goes on her plate.  I know it's frustrating.  Here are some things she likes depending on the day.

Cottage cheese

string cheese and cheese cubes

dried cherries (new this week)

scrambled eggs and toast

pancakes

raisins

pomegranate seeds (new this week)

steamed broccoli and carrots sometimes

most fruit (oranges, apples, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, etc)

corn

mashed potatoes

pizza

mac n cheese

spaghetti

bbq

beans

yogurt

crackers

peanut butter or other nut butters

peas

popcorn