Single Parents

Child Care dilemma

I always hate when issues pop up that remind you of how alone you really are.  My daughter attends an in home daycare and it has been a godsend with her unique needs.  My daughter would never have survived in a larger center type setting due to her issues. Our babysitter is an amazing woman and has moved mountains for my daughter!  In 4 years she has taken 1 sick day......

Until this week- she ended up very sick with a throat infection and is actually now in the hospital with dehydration. :(  She was closed all of last week and will be closed at least half of this week.  Last week one of the other daycare moms was taking off M-W  so she kept dd too.  Then on Thursday my mom is off and I took Friday off and also watched the other little girl.  

I haven't figured this week out yet.  I know I will- I have no choice.  But it just irritates me that xh just says "that sucks" and goes about his day.  Why can't he take a day off---- he has sooooooooo many sick days. Or actually he works 3-11 so he could even just take 1 hr of comp time which he has hundreds of hours of.... But nope!  And I even asked my lawyer if I have to take a day off without pay for dd can he be expected to pay half of my lost pay since he could use one of his sick days and keep her instead and nope! It just aggravates me bc as usual- it's all me.  I have paid sick time- but not enough to be taking a week off in October!

Sorry, I just needed to vent.... thanks for listening!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"