Multiples

28 wks, is it worth getting a support belt?

I'm all belly (well, boobs too, but mostly belly) and it's getting hard to manage ambling about. I'm pretty much done working now, mostly just running errands and doing normal house things, but going into the office 1-2 times per week.

I can't decide if it's worth it to get a support belt. I feel like by the time I get it, I'll only be able to use it for 8-9 weeks max.

Anyone purchase one and find that it really helped? Is it worth it? 

Re: 28 wks, is it worth getting a support belt?

• I went thru a bad growth spurt at 24 wks and used it when i ran errands.  not too comfortable to wear sitting down but i did feel it helped a little.  I found a heating pad worked best for my back (if its back problems youre talking about)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For me it was absolutely worth it! Those last 8 weeks are when you need it the most.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • i never used one with my twin pg - but had one with my singleton pg b/c i had planned to work longer that pg - which had me on my feet... and it helped a lot to have one on when i was standing a lot  = lifted things up a little bit.... though, i ended up on bedrest at 30w with my singleton :)

with the twins i stopped work at 27w - right when the belly started to really get heavy... and i really took it easy after that - the small amount of time i spent on my feet it was fine to not wear it - so i never did.

it's all up to you... for some people- having relief for 1 minute is worth it :)

• Yes! Or at least it is for me. I'm 25 weeks and just got one yesterday. It was like instant relief. I mostly stay off my feet as much as possible to begin with. Even sitting was becoming a problem. I would sit too long and just wear out all my sitting muscles in my back. I don't have a problem wearing mine sitting down at all. I got it at BRU.
    Will (12-19-06), Sean (12-29-10), Aaron (12-29-10) and Marcus (4-1-06) IMG_5814 Aaron, Will, Sean, and Marcus Kline 03-21-11
    Click Here to access My Blog
  • imagecopilot:
    Yes! Or at least it is for me. I'm 25 weeks and just got one yesterday. It was like instant relief. I mostly stay off my feet as much as possible to begin with. Even sitting was becoming a problem. I would sit too long and just wear out all my sitting muscles in my back. I don't have a problem wearing mine sitting down at all. I got it at BRU.

Yeah, this was true for me, too. By the last four weeks, I couldn't even walk 10 feet without triggering painful contractions--it was crazy--so the support belt was invaluable even just for coming downstairs in the mornings, walking from the couch to the bathroom, etc.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • My doc gave me a prescription for one for hip pain.  I tried it on once and never ended up wearing it!  Just didn't like the way it felt.
    ~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • YES!  Yes

I got one from BRU....it was made by Boppy.... I tried it on in the store...and I felt instant relief.... I didn't want to put it back in the box.  and....the good news is...it is also a Postpartum belt.  You wear it in reverse/upsidedown, after delivery and it supports your tummy.  So you will get a few more weeks use out of it.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's been worth it for me, but my job involves a lot of walking around. I am taking it easy and sitting down more, but I'm just an active person at work and it has made a difference in back pain.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"