Northern California Babies
Options

Decor for party Sunday after T-giving- fall or xmas?

Simon's baptism is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  We are hosting a part afterward for probably at least 20 people?  I'm having trouble deciding on color scheme for the decorations/flowers/etc- do I go fall (orange, leaves, pumpkins) since it's still November or do I go red/silver/white for a more christmas-y feel?

If it matters, the service is at 11:30, which means we'll be back to the house around 1 PM.  I'm serving lunch- lasagna, garlic bread, ceasar salad, cake (it has to be stuff that can all be done ahead).  It's also the first Sunday of Advent so while there will not be a tree up at church yet, it will have that kind of "Christmas" feeling.  

And for the invitations, I went totally out of season and had a tree with the bird bringing the olive branch- it was cream with green and teal.  In retrospect it was kind of spring-y but very cute for a boy's baptism, it's hard to find anything that's not all cheesy baby blue crosses, but that's another post entirely!! lol  So I guess I could go with that as well...  although I don't really care if it's match-y to the invite.

Ideas?!?!?  Thoughts?!?!?

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Decor for party Sunday after T-giving- fall or xmas?

• Options
    id go for a fall a theme 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLexi & Orion's Mommy:
    id go for a fall a theme 

Yeah, it's kind of early to go red, eh?  Plus, I have a LOT of cute fall decorations...  Hmmmmmm...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd go fall
    Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options
    I'd go with a Christmas theme, but that is because I am impatient to move on to the next holiday decorating. :)
  • Options
    imagemrscerruti2be:
    I'd go with a Christmas theme, but that is because I am impatient to move on to the next holiday decorating. :)
    YES!  I am all about Christmas up in my house the day after eating Turkey.  Fall decor has been around awhile, and Christmas decor only lasts a short time.  I think either will be awesome, but I'd have a hard time not breaking out the red, if I were you ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:
    imagemrscerruti2be:
    YES!  I am all about Christmas up in my house the day after eating Turkey.  Fall decor has been around awhile, and Christmas decor only lasts a short time.  I think either will be awesome, but I'd have a hard time not breaking out the red, if I were you ;)
    Ditto, I say Christmas. Fall stuff has been around for months and I agree that most people feel that the day after Thanksgiving it's Christmas season. Fall decor basically has 3 months, Christmas only 1...IMHO Fall decor is pretty stale after Thanksgiving.
  • Options

imageashleyhuney:
    imageStefandTodd:
    imagemrscerruti2be:
    Ditto, I say Christmas. Fall stuff has been around for months and I agree that most people feel that the day after Thanksgiving it's Christmas season. Fall decor basically has 3 months, Christmas only 1...IMHO Fall decor is pretty stale after Thanksgiving.

I'm part of this bandwagon with a caveat: if you're going to go insane trying to get all the christmas out, I'd either dial it back in the interest of the party or leave up fall.

Have fun!

• Options

I like this answer, Emmie!  I'm not hosting Thanksgiving (thank God!) so what it probably means is that I'll get my holiday stuff out a little earlier... 

I'm SO wavering on this, because I agree fall is played out after T-giving.  Plus the food is more Christmas-y to me for some reason.  Ack. 

• Options
    You'll have enough work with preparations. I'd stick with fall. Enjoy it before the holiday madness.
  • Options
    I say Christmas too! I'm itching to decorate for Christmas already. But that may just be my own personal thing because I think fall colors (yellow orange and brown) are ugly and I love the shiny, glittery, lightiness of Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"