Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 month old refusing to drink??

ds used to be a good eater (about 4 oz every 2.5 hrs) but in the last week he has been only drinking 2-4 oz every 4 hrs.  his total for today is only at 16 oz....anyone else experience this?  he cries and pushes the nipple out of his mouth and if i try and force it he get REALLY angry!!  what could be causing this?  tia!

Re: 4 month old refusing to drink??

• Options
    Have you graduated to a faster flow nipple?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yes we use level 2 born free nipples since he turned 3 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any chance he has an ear infection?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, I feel your frustration and worry! My DD just went through this. I think it was because she was a little under the weather with her sneezing and stuffiness? Lasted about 2 weeks...almost 3. Hang in there!
  • Options
    i'm sorry hun i know how frustrating this is. my goes up[ and down and up and down with the amount of formula she has a day. some weeks it's 5-6 every 3 hrs, sometimes she'll barely finish 3-4! the important thing is that your LO is keeping it down (besides a little spit up, that's normal), doesn't appear to be hungry in between meals, and is staying hydrated. it will pass, i promise. lots of things can be causing the decrease in amount... coming down from a growth spurt, self-regulation, teething, feeling a little under the weather, general growing pains... babies are weird little creatures who like to mix things up.
  • Options
    thanks for the suggestions!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"