Northern California Babies
Options

my continuing sleep saga

the drama has extended to naptime - screaming about needing lights on and the hall door open. WTF it's not even dark in his room; it's the middle of the freaking day. Makes me think he is playing me. Ugh. We're trying the toddler bed tonight - actually wanted to just go straight to twin, but that requires purchase of a mattress, rail, sheets, etc. and I can't pull that together before bedtime. Sigh. I'm eating all of our Halloween candy to deal with the stress.
imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: my continuing sleep saga

• Options

Argh, that's frustrating.  

I didn't catch all of your sleep saga.  Could it be something he watched or heard?  Emmy has some issues sometimes and we've let her sleep in our bed or on an air mattress in our room for a night or two and usually it blows over after that. 

• Options

Good luck A.  Like M said, could it be some recent thing that is leading to fear for him?  Halloween can be crazy creepy...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

:(

Yeah, the twin bed purchase is a hand-full. We actually don't have G's bed elevated yet. The mattress is on the floor, and the frame is just built around it. It's helped us avoid needing railing (not that we were able to find any railing that works with his bed). See image below

Oh, also, when you do the BBB thing, don't forget you will also likely need a waterproof mattress pad, unless M is trained by then.

Lastly, we got G's mattress from Costco. it's a good mattress and Costco helped us keep cost down.

• Options

I think yuo are doing the right thing by just trying soemthing new. I mean seriously at this point can it really get much worse??

I am so sorry...

Can you get a break?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone. Fortunately it's Friday so I don't feel guilty about having DH take on some of this & he's coming home early to convert the bed to a toddler bed. Fingers crossed that this might make a difference...

ETA & I can't think of anything new that has scared him. The things he's coming up with (sounds of mommy cleaning up are scary, white noise is scary, etc) just feel like excuses. He seems to think Halloween decorations are funny - he likes the ghosts, told him bats were birds that fly at night, loves pumpkins, is excited to dress up & trick or treat, etc.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"