Washington Babies

Wow - Teen Mom salaries

$60-65K!  I hope at least half of that goes into a college fund for their kids but I bet not... I don't understand though - if they're making that much why are they always so broke?

Re: Wow - Teen Mom salaries

• Wow, Then why do they complain about not having any money? Farrah and Amber both talk about how hard it is to be single mom and how expensive. That is seriously 20k over what I make and I have been in my field for 16 years.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • That's IT? As much money as the network is making off them, they should be paid at least quadruple that. Talk about taking advantage. Sheesh. But even at 60k, if they're still broke, it also goes to show that even money can't change a mentality or mindset.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, it does make you wonder why they're always so broke.  That's more than I was making, and I worked 10 years in the same industry and still didn't quite earn that much.

I knew they were going to do another Teen Mom, but I almost wondered if they'd move on to a different set of girls.

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • imageMrsH_08:

Yeah, it does make you wonder why they're always so broke.  That's more than I was making, and I worked 10 years in the same industry and still didn't quite earn that much.

I knew they were going to do another Teen Mom, but I almost wondered if they'd move on to a different set of girls.

I too was hoping that they would follow up with some of from the 2nd season of 16 and pregnant.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • Have they actually received the money yet, or does it go into some sort of trust until they are 21 or 25? It seems that the show wouldn't hold as much weight (showing how hard it is to be a teen mom) if they were being compensated. Maybe for the sake of "reality," they haven't actually receive that money. 

Total conjecture, but that is the only thing that makes sense. The cost of living in the states that all these girls live in is pretty low, maybe excluding Catelynn (Michigan). They shouldn't be broke if they have that much money.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• NO wonder Amber is always sitting on her a$$!  I commend the girls that are being smart and going to school!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • imagenykola:
    That's IT? As much money as the network is making off them, they should be paid at least quadruple that. Talk about taking advantage. Sheesh. But even at 60k, if they're still broke, it also goes to show that even money can't change a mentality or mindset.

I agree.  For how intrusive that show is and how much MTV is making, they should be getting a lot more. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegreenmtbride:

imagenykola:
    That's IT? As much money as the network is making off them, they should be paid at least quadruple that. Talk about taking advantage. Sheesh. But even at 60k, if they're still broke, it also goes to show that even money can't change a mentality or mindset.

I agree.  For how intrusive that show is and how much MTV is making, they should be getting a lot more. 

I agree in part but it's not like they have any kind of negotiating power. They have tons of the 16&pregnant girls they could replace any of them with if they pushed for more.

• Ugh, that is WAY more than I make teaching children, and I work a lot more than 40 hours a week.  I'll bet they have better benefits than I do, too.  I am SO bothered by the fact that people who aren't actually bettering anyone's life with their job can get paid so much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"