Houston Babies

Party favors - yay or nay?

What is your opinion on party favors at kids' birthday parties? I feel like I *should* do them, but I don't really know why. It seems like they are being handed out at fewer birthday parties these days (and I am totally fine with that).

Do you care or notice when your kids don't get party favors?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Party favors - yay or nay?

• We did party favors and completely forgot to give them out - so all of them sat right where we put them when everyone left  Indifferent

I think ppl are hesitant to grab them as they go out the door - so unless you will be physically handing them out, it won't be worth it.

Can you do soemthng you can incorporate into the party?  For instance, give everyone as they walk in a hat, toy, etc. that they wear for the party?  Then they take it home?

• I like cookies for favors.  They are something that can be eaten then then you never have to see it again.  I hate little toys.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not a fan of the little toys and trinkets. They end up very quickly in the trash. I've moved to edible flavors like a decorated cookie.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm doing decorated sugar cookies for our favors.  A little time consuming, but fun for me, cheap, and hopefully everyone will like them.
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't notice if they don't get them but I do like favors. I hate things that are too trinkety but some of the stuff my kids love are like bouncy balls and stickers. Also, fake coins have been a big hit. Weird, huh? I also like cookies and edible treats but don't like too much candy. I also dislike those little, tiny jars for bubbles. They never make bubbles b/c the wands are too small and they make a mess.
  • I like them, but I'm picky. I gave books, bubbles, bouncing balls and candy in the past. I loathe the little plastic toys.
  • imagerayskit10:
    I don't notice if they don't get them but I do like favors. I hate things that are too trinkety but some of the stuff my kids love are like bouncy balls and stickers. Also, fake coins have been a big hit. Weird, huh? I also like cookies and edible treats but don't like too much candy. I also dislike those little, tiny jars for bubbles. They never make bubbles b/c the wands are too small and they make a mess.

I normally like edible favors but my sister did bubbles one year (the full sized bottle kind, not the tiny bottles) and they were a big hit. 

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • I don't notice when people don't give them out, but I still do (for some reason I feel like I should too).  This year, the little kids are getting hand puppets (has nothing to do with the bday theme, but thought they were cute) and the bigger kids are getting bumble bee bug jars with lemonheads in them. I'm also doing a bee pinata and so there will be stuff from there for them to get like candy, silly bandz, etc.. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • I never mind if I don't get them, but I love to give them. 

At E's first birthday (granted only 6 cousins were invited) each family got a board book of the party's theme and an empty gift bag for the pinata. 

Since all the kids were under 5 years, the pinata was filled with snacks like fruit chews, cheese crackers, fruit roll ups & the toys included bouncy balls, bubbles, hot wheels & flavored chapstick. 

The favors for the adults were odear's brownie pops--those were a huge hit!

• I don't care if we get them but I had fun making the ones for Cam's Robin Hood theme.
  • i give books to each kid as a party favor...jungle theme: the jungle book

curious george: curious george books.....ball theme: amelia bedelia plays ball

• Almond...you made those truffles? I am doing cookies for sure and maybe something else, but this is good info to keep in handy. I don't mind getting them but I can see getting overloaded on junk that goes in the trash. I agree that some things are better than others.
  • imagekreeper611:
    Almond...you made those truffles? I am doing cookies for sure and maybe something else, but this is good info to keep in handy. I don't mind getting them but I can see getting overloaded on junk that goes in the trash. I agree that some things are better than others.

Nope.  Miss Jake made the cakeballs.  I couldn't do it all and she is a pro.

I made all the junk.  Haha :-)

• imagealmond1123:

imagekreeper611:
    Almond...you made those truffles? I am doing cookies for sure and maybe something else, but this is good info to keep in handy. I don't mind getting them but I can see getting overloaded on junk that goes in the trash. I agree that some things are better than others.

Nope.  Miss Jake made the cakeballs.  I couldn't do it all and she is a pro.

I made all the junk.  Haha :-)

Your favors were not junk! The girls colored in the coloring books (which I may copy), still read the book all the time, and are still playing with the bow and arrows though Abby may be a bit obsessed with sticking the arrow to the tv screen : P

Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am a fan of the decorated cookie. 

Amber did CDs for Ollie's first birthday and I LOVE that idea.  We listen to that one all the time. 

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Elena would definitely notice if there wasn't some type of goody bag/favor at a party.  Greedy on her part, but she has certainly come to expect it.  so I definitely do it.

I have made little easy stuffed animals a couple times -- little bunnies for Julia's 1st and little cupcakes for Julia's 2nd.  They were fast and easy and I think something really enjoyed.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"