Multiples

A visual lesson on di/mo vs di/di

Because I'm bored at work, and because there have been questions lately.

Compare this to a 7-9ish week u/s of your twins.

hee hee! fun.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
My blog * We made the national news!

Re: A visual lesson on di/mo vs di/di

• I enjoy the smiling "babies"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Those pictures should just be right up there next to the FAQ's ; )

Also, upon clicking on the multiples board, newcomers should be guided through a series of steps:

1) Are you pregnant with multiples?  If your answer is yes, please proceed to question #2.  If your answer is no, please determine if your reason for visiting the multiples board could easily be referred to Google, and give careful consideration to any questions you are thinking of asking in order to not make a fool of yourself.

1) a.  If you are planning to fake a multiples pregnancy, please refer to Pea-Kay's "Guide to Faking a Multiples Pregnancy".  Otherwise, you have no hope of actually pulling it off.

2) Congratulations on expecting your multiples!  Please refer to these pictures to determine whether your twins are mo/di or di/di.  *Note: You may need to inform your doctor that he/she gave you incorrect information.

3) Read through the FAQ's for info from the "pro's" regarding: bedrest, weight gain, average length of twin pregnancies, breastfeeding twins, and MUCH more!

4) Welcome to the Multiples Board.  You are now ready to participate! : D

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Loading the player...
  • :)  Didnt know the di-di 8 /9 times fraternal vs 1/9 identical.  Can you give us a lesson about the placenta now?   ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL, I love when you post this. :) I like MamaCrystal's idea, too!

FWIW, this is the only u/s pic I have that shows both of my di/di twins. This was my first u/s, at 11w5d:

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imageMamaCrystal:

Those pictures should just be right up there next to the FAQ's ; )

Also, upon clicking on the multiples board, newcomers should be guided through a series of steps:

1) Are you pregnant with multiples?  If your answer is yes, please proceed to question #2.  If your answer is no, please determine if your reason for visiting the multiples board could easily be referred to Google, and give careful consideration to any questions you are thinking of asking in order to not make a fool of yourself.

1) a.  If you are planning to fake a multiples pregnancy, please refer to Pea-Kay's "Guide to Faking a Multiples Pregnancy".  Otherwise, you have no hope of actually pulling it off.

2) Congratulations on expecting your multiples!  Please refer to these pictures to determine whether your twins are mo/di or di/di.  *Note: You may need to inform your doctor that he/she gave you incorrect information.

3) Read through the FAQ's for info from the "pro's" regarding: bedrest, weight gain, average length of twin pregnancies, breastfeeding twins, and MUCH more!

4) Welcome to the Multiples Board.  You are now ready to participate! : D

This is great...

Should also put something that they should maybe lurk for a couple of days to see how it runs.

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Pea-kay I LOVE your siggy! They are so cute and getting so big:)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awww! The smiles are so cute! Thanks, pea-kay! My twins are di/di and they're both boys so my doctor's been stressing to me that there's a "small" chance of them being identical but that we wouldn't know until they're born and have a DNA test. I really don't care if they're identical or not as long as they're healthy! Thanks!

Pamela

• imagenicolelynn00:
    I enjoy the smiling "babies"

LOL!  Me too.  :) 

• Thanks for posting this.  SOOO much easier than explaing w/words alone.  I agree, this would be great for the FAQ list.
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thank you so much for posting this.  It makes so much more sense than any of the articles I have read explaining the difference.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"