Multiples

how many bottles/nipples did you start off with?

I'm hoping to BF, but I want to be able to pump and have someone else feed the twins too, and if I need to supplement, I want to have supplies on hand.

How many kinds of bottles and nipples did you start off with?

Also, if you supplemented with formula, did the LC or NICU nurse tell you what you'd need or did you just buy stuff to have on hand? 

Re: how many bottles/nipples did you start off with?

• We started with a full day's supply, just in case BFing didn't work out (and it didn't).  We had 22 Dr. Brown's bottles (they all came with nipples).

We told the nurse that we wanted to use Similac and we took some of the 2 oz bottles home with us.  I also had a stash of some at home as well.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we had 16 of the 4oz Dr. Brown's bottles.  we were sent home with a ton of enfamil 2oz nursettes, which is what we initially used, but when their weight gain tapered off, the pedi changed us to enfacare.  i'm glad we didn't go out and stock up right away, because it would have been a pain to return it all.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got alot for gifts and I wish I would have gotten a few different kinds since L couldn't take the wide nipple and we ended going out and buying all new bottles a couple of days after she came home.
    image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • we started with 16 evenflo bottles + gerber nuk latex nipples.  that is what they got used to in the NICU, so we just stuck with those (thank God - saved a lot of money by trading in the dr. browns).  i figured 16 is enough to get us through 24 hours without having to wash a bunch on no sleep with 2 screaming infants.

my babes came home on neosure so that's what we stuck with.  we ended up switching to similac sensitive and they did the best with that.  but my friend uses similac advance for her newborn daughter.  i'd just ask the hospital what they recommend.  GL!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • For the first 4 weeks, we fed them from these little test-tube-like Good Start cylinders with disposable nippes that the NICU sent us home with. Then we moved to level 1 nipples with the BorneFree bottles.  

I exclusively pumped for the first month, and we have 16 of the BorneFree bottles - to me, that's plenty. We wash bottles once first thing in the morning (from all the night feedings), and once after DH gets from work (from the day feedings). If we had more bottles, it would just mean more dishes to wash as we'd just keep grabbing clean ones.  

The only reason I'd get more is to stock grandma's/families' houses with a couple, if the babies will be spending any time there.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers twins born at 36 wks Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagekimarino13:

We started with a full day's supply, just in case BFing didn't work out (and it didn't).  We had 22 Dr. Brown's bottles (they all came with nipples).

We told the nurse that we wanted to use Similac and we took some of the 2 oz bottles home with us.  I also had a stash of some at home as well.

same

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• I've got 16 Dr. Brown's standard 8 oz bottles with level 1 nipples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had about 16, someone gave me advice I wish I had taken...get mostly 8oz bottles because they eventually won't be able to use the 5oz bottles and you can fill the 8 oz bottles with less.  Also we can about 6 bottles upstairs with a bottle brush and dish soap after the first week, so we didn't have keep bringing bottles up and down.  I started off BF and supplementing, but never made enough and found pumping took away time I'd rather be spending with my daughters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"