Washington Babies

Bad Mom Moment

Like I needed another - it would be great to have a break.

I don't like Alex's new teacher's way of doing homework.

She doesn't have them have homework - she gives class work and then tells them to "finish" at home if they can't do it in class - so we have no way to track what Alex turns in or not.  Except she was SUPPOSE to give a weekly status letter of all assignments - and she hasn't been.  So now I just got one - and they are TONS of missing assignments where Alex has gotten an "F" or a bunch of bad work turned in were he'd gotten a "D" (or a 2 as it is now)

I don't like her system - there is no way to keep track and she's not even up to date on it - all her October stuff she hasn't even graded yet - but we only have two weeks to fix it?????  That means he has a TON OF WORK to get done in two weeks.  That's why I want the meeting - I need a full on PACKET of everything he needs to do.

She is relying on the kids to do this - and I have no way as a parent to keep him on track

SO i left my son freaking out on the way to school.

He said VERY SAD "Mom you are stressing me out!"

I said "You need to be stressed out!"

But I'm ill.  I feel like a bad parent

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes

Re: Bad Mom Moment

• I don't think you should feel bad at all.  He needs to learn to do better work and/or turn it in on time.  Otherwise he will have to deal with the consequences of catching up.

Now, I'm not sure how/if his Aspburgers comes into play at all here.  But assuming it isn't a major factor, I think it is perfectly acceptable that he feels some of the heat for not staying on track with his work.

You're doing a great job! Don't feel guilty!

ETA: I do think the teacher's system is stupid and she needs to stay on top of her own work if she expects her students to!  And, a you should def. be notified sooner if he isn't turning in work.  How can you help him learn to stay on track if you don't know he's behind?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think your a bad mom!  I think that this teacher's system sucks and even she doesn't stay organized with it.  Can you set up a weekly outlook reminder to yourself to email the teacher for the report?    That way if you do end up with issues with the teacher you will have proof that her system isn't working.  Hugs!  Hope it gets better!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • That's a weird system for young kids!! Do you have a meeting set up yet? If not I would definitely march in and talk to the principal about that. You should also be told when he doesn't turn more than two things in. She shooing be waiting to then end of the month! That's too late. After school just talk to Alex and tell him you're sorry for freaking out. Talk to him about his school work and have him help you come up with a plan for how to make sure it's getting done. It will be ok. Youre not a bad mom. We all lose our *** now and then!
  • Don't feel bad, holding a kid accountable can be stressful sometimes for them but it needs to happen.  I think the teacher's system sucks and is lazy.  But Alex needs to work within the system and get his work turned in.  That is his job right now. 
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"