Birth Stories

Camden is here! (XP from November board)

I woke up Wednesday having contractions at 2 am. They were bearable so I went back to bed for a few hours. I had my regular appointment at 10:40 that morning anyway, so I figured we would find out what was going on then. The Dr checked me and I was 2 cm and 50% effaced and contracting about every 3-6 minutes. She said I could go home, get my bag and come right back or wait it out a little at home. I decided to hang out at home all day instead of the hospital.

Around 6 my contractions were getting longer and closer together so we went to L & D. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me. Still only 2cm, needless to say I was disappointed. So we walked the halls and I was checked again around 10:30. Finally made it to 2 1/2! The nurse said we should stay till midnight and they would check me again. If I was still progressing slowly, they would send me home. Well at about 11:30 two nurses come rushing in the room telling me I need to roll over and pulling out the oxygen. Baby's heart rate had dropped  significantly with my last contraction. They decided to keep me overnight just to make sure that the baby was ok.

Well, the beds in the labor rooms at my hospital are SOO uncomfortable! I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night. They came in and checked me around 6am, I was only at 3cm. They started pitocin & broke my water which had meconium in it, so they were a little concerned that something was going on, but thought it was ok to monitor us closely and let me keep laboring.

I needed to sleep but I wasn't ready for an epidural yet so around 10 they gave me something that started with an A,(I can't remember what it was right now, but it went into my IV). It took the edge off the pain and made me pass out almost instantly. It felt so good to sleep! Around 11 the nurse came in and woke me up to roll over on my side because the baby's heart rate was dropping again. He wasn't liking labor, so she was going to talk with the Dr and let me know what he thought was best. She checked me and I was at 4cm.

The Dr wasn't impressed with the slow rate of my contractions. since they had already broken my water and gave me pitocin, he decided it was time for plan b, C-Section. I was so nervous! They wheeled me down to the operating room and started the spinal almost immediately.  The anesthesia was the worst part of the whole thing. She said it would be a pinch and some burning. I thought it would come at the same time, so I braced myself. The pin prick came- no biggie, then this electric heat went into my back, thankfully it didn't last more than 20 seconds. She put in the numbing medication and had me lay down. It felt very strange to know that someone is touching you and you can't feel it.

DH came in the room once they were ready to start. It only took about 5 minutes before they were pulling out our baby. DH looked over the curtain when they had his head out and started crying. I could hear him start to whimper after they suctioned him and then he was out!

Camden Richard was born on October 28th and 12:34 (we all thought it was neat that he was born at 1234 with the numbers all lined up). He weighs 6lbs 8oz and in 19 inches long. He had some breathing trouble initially, but was fine after just an hour under the oxygen helmet. I'm sore and have been having some issues keeping my heart rate and bp down, but after I tossed my cookies (or lack thereof!) last night I felt much better! I can't figure out how to post pics on here, so here is a link-

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=159110540795156&set=t.116701100

Re: Camden is here! (XP from November board)

• I am thankful you both are ok. Congratulations on the birth of your son.

*Pics tip...go to www.tinypic.com and upload your picture. You'll need to have your bump page and tiny pics page opened separately. Once the pic is uploaded on tinypic you can click edit on the right side of the page. When the pic comes up click 'resize' at the top and choose a medium size, otherwise you'll have this huge picture that takes up the whole screen. Click save at the botton of the screen and it will bring you back to the first page you saw. Scroll down and click the second post link with .jpg in the wording. Once it's highlighted, right click to copy. Go back to your bump page and edit your post. Towards the bottom where you want the pic to be click the tree icon and paste the link to it. That should attach your picture to your post.

Hope that helps and enjoy snuggling with that new baby boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"