Baby Showers

Unsure about wanting a Baby Shower

This is my second child and I had already decided that I would not have a shower. That anything I needed I could get on my own.

The babys dad and I had separated in September and I was even more sure that I did not want a shower. Then we got back together and he was very upset that I would not be having one. He said it was not fair to the baby that I would not be having one. I am still not sure about having one but my sisters decided to throw me one to keep everyone happy?

He also said that he would like to be a part since this will be his first child. Does anyone agree with my feelings? Confused

Hailey Addison- 6 years Aidan Zachary- 2 years Baby #3- 22 weeks

Re: Unsure about wanting a Baby Shower

• Did you have one for your first baby? I think that if you already had one then there is generally  no need for another...but if you didn't have one then go for it, I think it would be great!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedelistars:
    He said it was not fair to the baby that I would not be having one.]

The baby has no clue what is going on.  If you guys have been on and off again during the pregnancy, there's probably bigger issues to work out between you than whether or not to have a shower.

You can tell him that you believe showers are to welcome women into motherhood.

• Loading the player...
  • The shower is really not hosted for the baby...it is hosted for the new-to-be mother...which you are not if you already have a child.  You should already have a not of the baby things from your first child unless it's been like 8 or 9 years or something like that.  Maybe your sister could host a get-together after the baby is born.  That is more of a celebration of the baby.
  • imagedanilynn17:

imagedelistars:
    He said it was not fair to the baby that I would not be having one.]

The baby has no clue what is going on.  If you guys have been on and off again during the pregnancy, there's probably bigger issues to work out between you than whether or not to have a shower.

You can tell him that you believe showers are to welcome women into motherhood.

Yeah... the baby isn't going to be scarred for life if there is no shower for him/her.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• It occurs to me that I don't even know whether my mother had a shower. There certainly aren't photos in an album. It's really a non-issue for the kid.

This sounds more like a symbolic issue for the father than something he actually cares about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • around here people have diaper partys for there second child maybe you can do something like that??
  • Thank you everyone for the advice. I did decide on a baby shower/ pamper party. Just a small thing for the family. Since my first is a girl and thisone will be a boy I suppose it would be nice to get a few extras.
    Hailey Addison- 6 years Aidan Zachary- 2 years Baby #3- 22 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"