Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

My UO

I think its unfair when people stop and tell my husband or I "thank you for what you do", since he's in the military, but they walk past cops and firefighters every day and dont say ANYTHING. Yeah, he fights in wars in different countries, but these other guys stay here and fight the wars in our neighborhoods! I try to stop and tell them when I see them that I'm thankful for them, too.

I really wonder about the people who tell us thank you, I feel its totally fake. Are you thankful? Cos you should definitely be thankful for the people fighting for your freedom at home, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My UO

• Options
    I am thankful to anyone who provides a service to others.  I agree with you though, especially regarding police officers.  There have been so many news stories lately about those few officers who have done wrong.  Where are the stories about those who have put themselves in danger to protect the safety of their communities? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

As the wife of a police officer, thank you :D

I always have the urge to smile/wave at military people or cops or firefighters, but I feel silly so I don't.  I've found a lot of people don't like cops because that small number of jerk/corrupt cops in the media make them all look bad.

I just want to say, I admire military wives.  I mean sure, I stress when DH is at work, but then he comes home every night.  Dealing with not only the danger of your spouse's job but the separation that comes with a deployment is just beyond for me.  It takes a special breed of woman to handle that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBFab11:

As the wife of a police officer, thank you :D

I always have the urge to smile/wave at military people or cops or firefighters, but I feel silly so I don't.  I've found a lot of people don't like cops because that small number of jerk/corrupt cops in the media make them all look bad.

I just want to say, I admire military wives.  I mean sure, I stress when DH is at work, but then he comes home every night.  Dealing with not only the danger of your spouse's job but the separation that comes with a deployment is just beyond for me.  It takes a special breed of woman to handle that.

Last night when we went to the ER there were some guys rushed in for injuries from jumps and one guy had severe over exhaustion. They had to preform CPR and things were really crazy. The reason I bring this up, is I looked over at DH and I said I am so lucky that that isnt you. I could NOT imagine being a wife to a special forces guy. They're gone for days/weeks/months and it all happens at the drop of a hat. 

My mom's best friend was married to a guy who was special forces. He would go to work some mornings and not come home for 3 days. The only thing he could do was call and say that something came up and he's going to be gone for a while. No answer to how long, no preparation, no goodbyes. Now, those women are a different breed. :] But it really is amazing what you can deal with for love. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"