Washington Babies

Pumping & BFing ?

So I have only been BF'ing for the past 2 weeks but I would like to start pumping also in order to build up a stash so DH can feed him if I have somewhere to go.  What is the best method to both pump and bf, I never really pumped with Blake so I don't really know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pumping & BFing ?

• I always pumped right after feeding if they only went to one side but pumped on both and also when she slept long periods of time (more than 3 hours) I would pump while she slept (about 60-90 minutes in) to put in that supply.  G started sleeping through the night around 6 weeks and I set my alarm to pump mid way through the night since A) I was engorged if I didn't and B) since she wasn't eating during that time.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When W was about 2weeks I would pump the side he didn't eat from, right after feeding.  And if he was sleeping, and I felt overly full (and he was sleeping through a normal feeding time) I would pump the side he would eat from.  Now I will pump before I go to bed, knowing he won't eat for 6ish hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Before I went back to work, I pumped one side while I nursed G on the other side each morning. I nursed in the cradle position and used a Boppy to help prop him up so that I could have one hand free for the pump. Then I just used my manual pump on the opposite side. It was quick and easy and I usually yielded more too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"