Health & Exercise

Stress Fracture anyone?

I am 11 weeks pregnant and this morning I wake up with sharp pain on top of my foot (metatarsal region).  It hurts to touch it,walk, wear a shoe, etc.  Did anyone have these symptoms while pregnant?  I do run everyday, at least 3 miles.  I really hope its not a stress fracture! 

Re: Stress Fracture anyone?

• I frequently lurk on this board so I hope you don't mind me responding.  I work in a orthopaedic office and have had experience with podiatry before my physicians merged with my current practice.  Anyways....Although there is no way of telling without an xray (and you are pregnant so you may not be able to get one, unless you are able to wear a lead apron to be protected) it does sound symptomatic of a stress fracture.  It would be advisable for you to stop running, you are only going to make it worse, and get it checked out.  In our practice we will place a patient in a CAM walker (walking boot) or a surgical shoe to provide protection and allow healing. 

GL

Life As I Know It
    TTC #1 Since 2/2008
    Dx: Hyperprolactinemia and Unexplained
    Parlodel 2.5 mg (1 Tab M,W,F; 1/2 tab the other days); Folic Acid; Prenatals
    All 5 Clomid cylces resulted in BFN; no more Clomid.
    Laparoscopy Scheduled 1/11/11: Path report showed minor inflammation and infection.
    3/30/11 Biopsy results: cervial and endometrial pathologies normal; one pathology came back abnormal with 5 rare cells from the endometritis
    Cycles 1-5 of Follistim, Novarel, Progesterone = BFN
    Surprise BFP 11/18/11
    Beta #1 208, p4 7.4; Beta #2 1846.20, p4 16.1
    u/s #1 12/2/11 Heart rate 126 bpm measuring at 3mm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP.  Go get checked by a doctor and I'd avoid running for now.

btw, an x-ray to your foot should be fine while pregnant:  https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/xrays.html 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"