Adoption
Options

Adopting our son from Korea update

Okay since ppl have asked.

We were told of our referal Aug. 23

Formally accepted Aug 27 (although we said yes on the 23rd in like 4 seconds)

Applied for I-600 on Sep. 16, they recieved on the 17th and processed it in on the 22nd

Approval for I-600 Oct. 25

Should get that SEO # we need Friday or Monday

So here we are waiting waiting!!!!! BUT VERY CLOSE our little man should be home soon.  If we squeeze in for quota this year we should have him home in Nov.  :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11

Re: Adopting our son from Korea update

• Options
    Congrats!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

By the end of November would be really fast! I don't think SWS has had quota issues, so you'll travel by the end of the year for sure!

Our 2 came home within 4 days of each other... 3 years apart. Funny, I was in your shoes only 2 years ago, but it seems like forever.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!!! That is exciting!!!

Do you mind me asking what agency you are working with?  My husband and I are planning to adopt internationally most likely from Asia in the very near future. 

How do you like the agency you work with?

• Options
    Korea only works with a couple of agencies per state.  We have an in state agency (which I LOVE) Adoption Journey's of Arizona and they partner with FCA.  SWS is who we are working with in Korea.  FCA has been right on with everything and tells you everything up front.  They are always return my calls and answer all my questions.  If we are able to adopt again prior to Korea closing in 2012 (if that is what ends up happening) we would with out a doubt use both of them again.  I really can't say enough nice things about both.  I feel like I always new what to expect and if it happened faster then great.  Hope that helps. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
  • Options

There are 4 social service agencies in Korea that handle internatioanl adoptions. These agencies have relationships with US agencies, which are only permitted to place children in specific states. Some states have a wealth of programs from which to choose; other are limited to Waiting International Child (WIC) programs, which place children with mild-to-moderate special needs.

If you want to see which agencies place in your state, I'd start with www.adoptkorea.com. It's a APs site, but usually pretty up to date.

• Options
    Thanks so much Noonecarewhoiam for putting this research in a better context LOL my brain is mush :) You are so right that is a great place to start.  The best really.  I found that it did give a list but as I called around and spoke with people I learned that there were other agencies that we listed for other states that did partner with an agency in my state.  So start with the list and investigate!  www.adoptkorea.com is a GREAT site and so very informative.  :) Also you can go to yahoo groups and sign up for various groups and there is a TON of info there.  The boards do (for whatever reason) slow down a little this time of year but do pick up and there is always wonderful advise there :)  Maybe after I get my son home and we move forward I will be able to make more sense LOL :)   
  • Options

imagefallsbride:
    Thanks so much Noonecarewhoiam for putting this research in a better context LOL my brain is mush :) You are so right that is a great place to start.  The best really.  I found that it did give a list but as I called around and spoke with people I learned that there were other agencies that we listed for other states that did partner with an agency in my state.  So start with the list and investigate!  www.adoptkorea.com is a GREAT site and so very informative.  :) Also you can go to yahoo groups and sign up for various groups and there is a TON of info there.  The boards do (for whatever reason) slow down a little this time of year but do pick up and there is always wonderful advise there :)  Maybe after I get my son home and we move forward I will be able to make more sense LOL :)   

Don't count on it;) At least not for a while.

• Options
    Yay, congrats! Ohhh I can't wait to be where you are right now (I still have years of waiting. Sad ). How exciting for you!
  • Options

Don't count on it;) At least not for a while.

LOL Soooooo true! This is my 3rd son so I think I maybe even more crazy at that point ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"