3rd Trimester
Options

Where do they sell those pads that detect amniotic fluids?

I've been getting my undies a little wet every once in a while, I did a fluid test about 10 days ago and it came out negative, but some times when I go to the bathroom I see my underwear a little too humid, and it gets me worried, I have heard that at this point in pregnancy, all vaginal discharge becomes very liquid, and I was on ovules because of an infection, maybe Im just worrying too much, but does anyone know where they sell these pads? what are they named? and how much they cost? thanks
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Where do they sell those pads that detect amniotic fluids?

• Options

If you really think you are leaking fluid, you should see your OB. The nitrazine test (which is basically what the pads do) is only one way of knowing if it is fluid. They can test negative when you are, and can also test positive in the presence of blood (even blood you do not see).

If you think you are ruptured, you need to get checked to prevent infection/further complication. 

• Options

Sorry, I don't know anything about the pads.  But I've been wearing panty liners the last 2 months because I have a lot of discharge.

And firsttogo, that pic in your siggy is TOO cute!  Look at that tiny baby and the proud big brothers!  Aww

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're very concerned, call your doctor, but if it helps to ease your mind at all, right around the beginning of my 3rd tri my discharge amounts went way up and got really runny too. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options

Well, my OB thinks that I' m very suggestive and that the symptoms I have are made up in my mind, and I have to admit, I am very concerned all the time, so I don't want to freak out for no reason, perhaps I should go to the doctor anyways.... 

I just wish I could get all the way to week 40 without being worried all the time!

• Options

I've never heard of them.  The only test I know of is the one they do in the office.  If you had yourself tested 10 days ago and it was negative, you are probably fine.  Discharge can be very watery and there will typically be a LOT of it in 3rd trimester!

But if you're worried, call your doctor.  They will tell you whether you should come in or not.  Most of all, RELAX!  :)

• Options

I've never heard of those.  I asked my OB nurse if they had amniotic fluid dip strips (like how they can check for a UTI, yeast infection, etc) and she said "that would be great if you could buy them OTC."

If you think you're leaking fluid, you need to call your OB. 

• Options
    To answer your question I don't think they sell them over the counter, but I will tell you that about 7 mos preggo I got a really bad cough and was dealing with incontinence (couldn't stop from leaking urine when I coughed), and thought maybe I was leaking amniotic fluid... So I called and talked to the OB about it, and she said that you can pretty much tell if it's amniotic fluid because it has kinda sweet smell instead of ammonia smell, but it is also a continuous flow of liquid, it wouldn't stop like when you leak urine. She also said it would probably start running down your leg as well. But definitely bring it up at your next appointment or just call you doctor to get some reassurance! 
  • Options
    I've been to L&D twice because I have had wet undies and lots of watery fluid... Both times everything was fine.  I was told that (like PP), it just tends to get more watery as you go.  But I completely know what you mean by just wanting a few days without worry!
  • Options
    tested and nope, just pee and/or vaginal discharge too watery, but no amnio...... I am so ready to enjoy whats left of pregnancy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"