Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Jogger - small basket an issue?

I really like the Baby Jogger Citi Mini stroller since it's so lightweight & easy to fold up.  We were thinking of getting the car seat adaptor for it since it's the same price as a snap & go stroller frame.  My only hesitation w/ the Citi Mini is how small the basket is underneath.  This is our first LO so I don't really know what I'll need or what are absolute necessities w/ a stroller.  For those of you who have this stroller was the basket an issue?  The sales clerk said you can buy a clip to hang a diaper bag, etc.  I'm just looking for the most convenient easy to use stroller...  otherwise any other stroller recs?  thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Jogger - small basket an issue?

• It's kind of annoying, but not a huge deal. I hang my diaper bag on the handles using stroller valet clips. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last night we a pair of my shoes, the bjorn, a fleece blanket, my jacket, a hat for DH and some toys in it. 

I haven't had much issue with it and have been using it for about 6 months. I have the diaper bag attached to the stroller handle and bought a Mommy Hook for shopping bags.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It doesn't bother me one bit.

I rarely use the basket for anything. I've got everything I need in the diaper bag, which I clip on the handlebars if I get tired of carrying it. Small shopping bags fit easily in the basket -- and that's about all I've ever used it for.

The convenience and overall awesomeness of this stroller far outweighs the annoyance of the small basket, IMO. Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought the parent console and can clip my diaper bag to sides of that (Skip Hop).  Would I like a bigger basket?  Sure!!!  But it is not a necessity for me.  If I lived in NYC or an urban area that might be annoying, but then again, we survived for so many years without a cart to push our bags around.  The City Mini is so easy to push with one hand so I can still carry bags or stick them in basket.  There is also a pocket on back of seat which fits some stuff too.  Been using stroller for 3 months now and am dealing just fine w small basket.  And when baby is fussy and I need to carry him, I stick bags on his car seat and in stroller seat- ha ha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input.  I really like this stroller - I'm sure we'll be able to make-do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought it might be an issue for me, I like a lot of room to put things ... but it's not.  I clip the diaper bag to the handles, and that leaves room in the basket for other things.  I absolutely LOVE this stroller. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• The small basket is cumbersome for me. I bought a hook to put on the handle for my diaper bag & the stroller nearly tipped. I do carry tons of stuff in my diaper bag so it's heavy. However, the pros outweigh the cons & I would still buy this stroller again. Good luck!
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I do wish it was bigger, but all the other features made up for it IMO.  One of these (Skip Hop Pronto) will easily fit in the basket and then you can just hook your purse or whatever else you need onto the handle bar. 

Also, don't forget that it does have a good sized pocket on the back of the seat that you stick bottles and stuff in. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"