Nurseries and Baby Gear

Best Convertible Car Seat from BRU?

I am registered at Babies R Us and need to add a convertible car seat to my registry, but don't know which ones are best.  We are going to get the Maxi Cosi Mico infant car seat because it will attach to our stroller (iCandy apple).  Any suggestions for the convertible?  I would really appreciate any feedback or opinions!!!

Re: Best Convertible Car Seat from BRU?

• I dont have the book myself but see if you can find a baby bargins book.  They rate gear by quality and price.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby bargains says its a tie between the Britax Roundabout50 or Marathon
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• We just bought the Evenflow Momentum 65 LX (or something like that lol can't remember the whole name). We really loved it and it felt like it had the most cushion and was a very reasonable price compared to some others.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Thanks guys!  It's hard to make a decision when there are so many choices, so it really helps to be pointed in the right direction:)
  • We just got the britax 55 (I think its the roundabout), after reading tons of reviews and talking to the people at BuyBuyBaby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All my mom friends recommended Britax.  We got a Roundabout50.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Britax seats because they are easy to use which means it is going to be easier for you to get a proper install and use it correctly with your child.

Just an FYI, all car seats must pass the same safety tests.  No one car seat is any safer than the next whether it costs $30 or $500.  It is how you use it that makes it safe.  If you buy a $500 seat with all the bells and whistles and don't use it properly it isn't going to be any safer.  The safest seat is installed correctly and used correctly 100% of the time.

Once you choose your seat you should make an appt with a certified carseat technician for both your infant and covertible seats, they will teach you the proper way to install and use your particular seat.  Make sure they don't just put it in for you, make sure they have you do it and are there to show you the right way.  If you just allow them to install it and don't pay attention to what they did you are going to be screwed if you suddenly have to remove the seat for some reason or another.

Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • We have the Britax Boulevard for DD#1 and LOVE it!  I recommend it to all of my friends.

BTW, we got a much better deal at www.albeebaby.com than in a store.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

• Honestly, I think it is pointless to register for a convertible seat. By the time you actually use it you may have wasted an entire year of its life span. It is one thing that I suggest you buy when it comes time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSeasideBride06:

We have the Britax Boulevard for DD#1 and LOVE it!  I recommend it to all of my friends.

BTW, we got a much better deal at www.albeebaby.com than in a store.

We also got our Boulevard from Albee Baby (no tax, free shipping).  Love it.  We have a Graco My Ride 65 in DH's truck as recommended by a private car seat inspector. I didn't realize how awesome the Boulevard was until I had to adjust the harness on the My Ride.  On the Boulevard you just turn a knob, on the My Ride (and most others) you have to take the car seat out of the car, flip it over and re-thread the straps.  Otherwise, the My Ride is a great seat. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"