Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

4 week chemical preg/miscarriage; how long did you bleed?

Just wondering what I may have in store for me.  Also when did you and your doctor say it was okay to TTC again?  The nurse at my OB's office didn't really talk to me about TTC post loss, she's still has to call me with my beta results for today and I go back on friday for more beta labs so I'll talk to her then.

I want to try as soon as possible but I'm terrified of this happening again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 week chemical preg/miscarriage; how long did you bleed?

• Options
    I bled for six days. The doctor told me that I should wait one cycle in order to allow time for my lining to build back up.
  • Options
    I was told today to wait 2 cycles. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My loss was at 5 weeks.

It started with spotting for 2 days, then went to heavy bleeding for 2 days, medium flow for 2 days, then light/spotting for 5 days.  For reference, my period is usually 3 days of medium-light flow, with a day of spotting. 

I went straight back to charting because I was curious to see what my body would do.  I ovulated the same day during my loss cycle as I did during the previous cycle (the BFP cycle). 

My doctor cleared me to TTC again right away because my levels decreased so quickly. We did the exact same thing as the previous cycle, except we also added PreSeed because I did have some dryness issues. However, no luck.... my period came on Saturday. 

My cycle is normally 28 days, but the loss cycle it ended up being 31 days.  Also this period has been heavier than normal, but not as long/heavy as the loss cycle.

Hopefully that all makes sense! 

• Options

Thanks everyone, I know everyone is different but it's nice to hear what happened to other women and when their cycle came back. 

I took a long (and awesome) nap today so I missed my OB's call with my beta result so I will get that tomorrow.  Hopefully it's very very low so we can maybe try this cycle instead of waiting....I'll talk with my OB tomorrow or Friday about all of this. 

I'm still bleeding dark red with clots right now but the cramping has lessened so I'm hoping it tapers off sooner rather than later.

• Options
    No longer than a normal period for me. It was just "stronger" at the beginning. My RE allowed me to cycle right away.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

After our most recent chemical pregnancy my bleeding lasted 10 days, my next cycle started 32 days later rather than my usual 28.  We did try ttc in between, but I feel my cycle was such a mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"