Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ignorant Walgreens clerk

Hi all:

Just thought I would share this story w/ some women who would understand.

On the recommendation of another poster yesterday, I picked up a pregnancy test to see if my hormones were back to pre-pregnancy levels.  While in the checkout line, the 18ish Walgreens clerk said to me: "Oooh, good luck by the way!" I'm sure the face I made wasn't great, and then she responded "Unless you weren't trying, then I'm sorry I guess..."

I understand that she didn't mean anything by it, but I found this to be really hurtful.  I remember being a teenage store clerk and thinking the same thing as I checked people out, but I never said anything... I never imagined that the person picking up the HPT could be going through what we have all gone through.  I am so glad I never made this mistake. 

Re: Ignorant Walgreens clerk

• What a DB!!! They should not have said anything considering they don't know which way you were hoping for!!! The ignorance of other people totally amazes me!!!  (((HUGS)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is terrible-but I had a similar experience at Walgreens when I was trying to find out if I was pregnant....with a nosy old lady.  It's not like she could have missed the rings on my finger. I hate people who like to judge or put in their 2 cents.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, yes I have been there too...except at Dollar Tree.  A week after my loss, I went in to buy glow sticks for a family birthday party (they have them there in packs for $1!) and decided to get some OPKs and HPTs for the heck of it. The cashier was a mid-50s male and as he scanned them, said, "Hmm...well good luck that." and winked at me. Um,  WTF? I didn't say anything, just gave him the Indifferent face.  I wanted to say, "Yeah thanks buddy. I will need all the luck I can get because I actually just lost my baby." Buttt I refrained.

The nerve of some people is really amazing to me. You never know the circumstances of someone else, so making silly remarks is really just out of line.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"