Baby Showers

What to wear...

What did you wear (or are planning on wearing) to your shower?

I'm not quite sure what to wear..the only dressy stuff I have, is what I'd normally wear to work. :/  I could possibly have an excuse to go shopping, but just not sure how much time I'm going to have til then (shower is next Saturday)!

Re: What to wear...

• I wore jeans and a cute top.  Between being big enough that crossing my legs was uncomfortable, and having to navigate large boxes - I was glad I wore pants!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I'd stick with pants. Like ECB said, you might be navigating piles of gifts, sitting in a chair (with the inability to keep your knees together) to open gifts while other people sit in front of you taking pictures, or you may have to sit on the floor to open presents if space is limited.

If you feel you need to wear a dress, find a longer one (below the knees) and wear tights or leggings underneath. I think I saw someone on here a few days ago saying that she ended up with only one usable picture of the gift opening; every other picture that was taken had a glory shot with her underwear showing.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is Saturday and I am wearing dark jeans and a very cute top from Pea in the Pod. It's a casual shower.

• Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Be comfortable, but consider how formal your shower will be and try not to under or overdress for the occassion.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself though!  The people attending your shower are likely close friends and family members, all of whom love you and are there to celebrate with you!  They would want you to be comfortable too! 

Enjoy your shower! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"