Natural Birth

DH is on the job hunt

My husband told me some devastating news yesterday, he had been let go from his current position. His boss said she didn't feel they were compatible as collegues anymore and that he had maxed out his growth within the company. What?! He's 24 years old? How can he be maxed out of anything? Anyway, they had been having several "communication" issues prior to this so I'm pretty sure she was just finding any excuse possible to get rid of him.

It was really scary at first and the owner of the company is looking into the situation more as she was not there to authorize the decision. If the owner offers him his job back he will take it only so we can continue to prepare for the arrival of our son, however, I would like to see him venture into some newer opportunities.

He worked his butt off this morning revising and updating his resume and he already has 3 interviews scheduled for this Friday! Things are starting to look up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will find a job by the end of the year. We started a re-model project on our house a couple of months ago and as of now it's on pause. And we haven't had a chance to purchase ANYTHING for the baby as we were waiting until after my baby shower. I will also have to switch providers as I was using his insurance. I'm lucky to have insurance through my company, but his was cheaper so we were using that.

Anyway, I guess we should all just remember how unpredictable life can be and to always be prepared. It's important to stay optimistic in these situations, I'm doing my best to stay optimistic for the well-being of my baby boy.

Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH is on the job hunt

• Wow, that's really stressful! I'm sorry y'all are going through this.

3 interviews already is awesome though! Good luck with those!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wow. I kinda know what you're going through. Mine was laid off from his job as a forklift driver 3 weeks ago and has been struggling to find another one and the bills due dates are fast approaching...he's had interviews but no luck with permanent jobs. He just signed on as a temp-to-hire working on the floor at another local plant today. the pay is WAY lower than his last job and he has to work 12 hour shifts now, 5pm-530am...this sucks but i'm happy he has at least some kinda of income. luckily, i was able to get everything our daughter would need before this happened and we received lots of diapers and wipes at my baby shower the past weekend. stay hopeful, things will look up for you. one of those interviews will turn into a job in no time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you mean.  We are having our first, just moved into a new home as first time owning, have nothing together and no money.  I havnt worked since august and his income is barley keeping us a float.  hang in there...thats what we are doing.   Good luck!

• I will send some prayers for your DH to get on his feet again soon.  My DH was laid off when our DS was 5 months old and it was terrifying.  I have a full time job but even then it wasn't easy with a mortgage and daycare.  DH was able to rebound quickly and get a job soon but his emotion state is still depressed about the whole ordeal.  Stay strong!! He may need a lot of encouragement after it all :)
  • Thanks for the encouraging comments, Ladies. Since he was laid off he has managed to schedule 7 interviews, 3 today and 4 next week. I am confidant that he will find something soon. He's experienced in sales and worked that last 2 years as a manager in temporary and permanent placement for a conulting firm. Given that experience he really knows how to market himself and knows exactly what employers are looking for on resumes and in interviews. I am trying to be very supportive and encouraging for him.

Meanwhile our house will sit in demo stage until we can get back on our feet, hopefully that's before Jr. is born =/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"