Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Daycare preparation

LO is starting daycare on Monday. Did you label every single thing you sent sent (clothes, wipes, Vaseline, bibs,etc) or just the main things (bottles, formula containers)? Also does everyone use Vaseline or some sort of barrier in every diaper change, or is that something I should request?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare preparation

• Options

All I send is diapers, wipes and clothes, DCP provides th erest. I would label everything so that they aren't 'cross-contaminating' things. You should probably request the vaseline application, as I don't believe it's the norm to do every diaper change.

• Options

I label his diapers, ointment and bottles.  The bottles I label with bands with his name on them from inchbug.com, they are great and go in the dishwasher.  I do not label his clothing.  He has a drawer at DC and I have 2-3 extra onesies in there, an extra pair of socks and a couple extra bibs and paci, and that's where his butt paste is along with diapers. 

I send DS to DC with a bib on.  He is such a drooler and the bib always goes in his mouth, so I want him to wear ones that I know are clean, so that's why I have extras up there.  They do provide bibs, but I don't know how they are cleaned and other babies wear them, etc.  I just feel bettter with our bibs.

I don't let DS have a blankie yet, so he doesn't have one there.

I specifically request them to use diaper rash ointment after every BM, and if they think he needs it any other time.  I did have to sign a release allowing them to use the ointment I supply.

Also, every morning when I drop him off, I fill out a sheet with the last time he ate and how much and there's a section where I can write any notes to the teacher, like the ointment request, letting them know his eating styles, etc.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Clothes get put in a ziploc bag with her name. Wipes container is labeled, and the bag of diapers gets labeled. They put those things in a basket also labeled with her name.

I use the bumpyname labels for bottles.

Really, right now she's the only baby under 1 year at her daycare, so it's unlikely anything would get mixed up besides maybe diapers and wipes.

I think we need to sign a medication form for things like diaper cream. I've never even heard of using vaseline at diaper changes. I'd think you'd have to specifically request that.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    We labeled bottles and her paci.  The daycare provides bibs, diapers, wipes and diaper cream.  We pay a monthly fee for the diapers instead of having to provide them.  Each child has a cubby bin at the daycare where extra clothes and extra powder for formula are kept, those things are not labeled since they stay in her cubby.  We take a clean blanket every Monday and bring it home on Friday to wash, I have not had any troubles with it getting mixed up at all.  GL!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAngela814:

Clothes get put in a ziploc bag with her name. Wipes container is labeled, and the bag of diapers gets labeled. They put those things in a basket also labeled with her name.

I use the bumpyname labels for bottles.

Really, right now she's the only baby under 1 year at her daycare, so it's unlikely anything would get mixed up besides maybe diapers and wipes.

I think we need to sign a medication form for things like diaper cream. I've never even heard of using vaseline at diaper changes. I'd think you'd have to specifically request that.

The hospital and all preparation classes recommended Vaseline to protect skin from diaper rash. I thought it was odd at first ( I know ppl used to use powder), but it definitely does the trick. Many of my friends use Vaseline as well. Maybe it's a region thing? Plus it's cheaper than diaper cream all the time:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"