New Jersey Babies

Air Travel w/ Baby

We are traveling to Florida next week on Continental. What can I check and/or gate check without fees? 

I need to bring the infant car seat and base definitely and would like to bring the snap and go for use in the airport.

is this feasible?

Re: Air Travel w/ Baby

• I am pretty sure you can check all of this, but you would get a lot more information if you posted this on the NJ Nest board. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have a Continental credit card that waives luggage fees; maybe it does the same with gate checks? If you have such a card, give Continental a call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are planning a trip to Aruba for next summer, so I've been doing lots of research on flying with a baby.  If you are buying a seat for the baby, check the measurements of your infant seat and the seat width of the plane seats.  (you can find plane seat info on seatguru.com)   We found that our infant seat/base would've been too wide to fit in the plane seats.

I have yet to call Continental to confirm this, but I have read on various travel message boards that car seats, strollers, and diaper bags do not count towards luggage.   

You may have already looked at this, but here is some info from Continental. https://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/travel/specialneeds/infants/default.aspx

You might want to check out tripadvisor.com... people on the message boards are extremely helpful. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"