Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Spit up question

My LO will be 3 months next week and I have read that babies who spit up usually stop around 4 months when their digestive system matures, I just wanted to check with some other moms and see if this is in fact true? Thanks

Re: Spit up question

• Options

i'll let you know in 6 days if something changes.

but so far: nope.

• Options
    DS certainly spits up still, but it isn't as much or as often as he used to.  He's what I like to call a "happy spitter"; no reflux or anything like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS has gotten better - EBF by the way. It used to be every time I put him on the changing table something would run out of his mouth and he'd spit up a ton after feedings. He's gotten better - no more spit up on the table, but is still good for several spit-ups after feeding, and sometimes an hour+ after feeding. We put him on zantac and now he's less fussy when he spits up, but he's still a fountain. :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I dont think its true. DD is alittle over 4 months now and still spitting up alittle after each bottle.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    It was the opposite for us. DS rarely spit up and around four months he started spitting up once a day.  It doesn't bother him at all though and sometimes it's just a little bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope.  The Pedi GI told us it usually decreases dramatically around 4 months but won't resolve completely closer to 6 months.
  • Options
    My pedi says it will slow down around 6 mos, and should be gone around a year old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I posted about this yesterday...seems like six months is the magic age...but some babies spit for close to a year. We've just switched to Similac Sensitive for Spit Up last night, and so far, no change. I'm thinking he needs a couple days for his system to get used to it, and then HOPEFULLY we'll notice a difference. GOD I HOPE SO. I HATE being covered in spit up all the time.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It seemed like overnight, right after she turned 5 months, that the every meal spit up stopped.  Now it's just every once in a while - usually just as I'm putting her jacket on to walk out the door, lol.
  • Options
    DD is almost 5 months and is also a "happy spitter" but she still spits up as much if not more than she always did.
  • Options
    imagekatcarls:
    It was the opposite for us. DS rarely spit up and around four months he started spitting up once a day.  It doesn't bother him at all though and sometimes it's just a little bit.
    This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"