North Carolina Babies
Options

Halloween candy question

DH and I are taking the kids trick or treating this year.  I assumed since we weren't going to be home than we didn't need to get candy.  DH mentioned getting candy and putting it out for people to take their own.  This is a strange concept for me, but I'm not against it...if it's normal.  What are your opinions on leaving out a bowl of candy for trick or treaters?

Re: Halloween candy question

• Options

i think if you want to do that, then that's a nice option.  but my fear would be that one kid would take the whole bowl lol. 

to me, it's not a big deal since you will be out trick or treating yourself. i would do whichever option you felt comfortable with.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    People did that when I was younger. My sister did it as well last year (so she could take her kids out) and left a note saying once piece per kid and she came back to find the bowl dumped and the note ripped up!!! I wouldn't trust teenagers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're doing that but only putting out part of our candy since we'll only be walking around with the girls for a short period of time.  I figure if some kids take more than they should, oh, well.  Whatever candy I have is all I have so it runs out, it runs out.  I'm not going to worrry about it.  As long as there is none left for me to eat, I'm fine with it. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"