Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

recommend your monitor please

I am looking for a good monitor that has very low static. I don't care too much about video or sensor pads, as long as the sound quality is good. Thanks! =)

Re: recommend your monitor please

• Options
    We have the Sony Baby Call monitor. Wasn't super expensive, got good reviews, and was very basic. We had static issues at first, but just started changing the channels on it until we found one that worked best (we live in a condo building, so between all of our electronics and everyone else's, static is always going to be a small issue for us). I like the noise cancelling feature on it. We have a fan and a noise machine on in LO's room, and the monitor only goes off if he makes any noise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I was actually looking at that one. The one I have right now is ridiculous static all the time. I feel like I'm the one with the white noise machine in my room. Haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It definitely took a few tries of changing the channel, but we eventually found one that worked. Definitely worth it for the price. I like how basic it is, but the monitor part is huge to carry around (if that's an issue for you, we just move it from the bedroom to the livingroom usually)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have the Summer Infant Video Monitor...I know you said you don't care about it being video but I love it! I sleep with a fan in my room, as does LO and I can still hear him MOVE during the night.  Not to mention the video is great for when you don't hear anything for a long time to check and see if he is ok. 
  • Options
    We have a Sony babyCall.  We are borrowing it from a friend.  We both have tiny houses that are very close to the houses around them and have no static problems.  I was so worried we were going to pick up noise from everywhere.  It has a good range also.  Highly recommend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you all very much! I greatly appreciate the advice. It's good to hear reviews straight from the horse's mouth ya know? I can tell you be careful about the graco monitors. Graco is the make of the one I have so much trouble with.
  • Options
    We have the Graco iMonitor Vibe (or some dumb name like that) and we've been happy with it. No static, works for long distances, receivers are nice and small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"