Pre-School and Daycare

'I want my daddy!!!'...

Since I've been pg this time around, I'm really trying to keep control over the household, including DD's behavior.  For a long time she had NO respect for me whatsoever, so I really cracked down and started being really strict with her.  I put up with very little nonsense from her.  She's responded pretty well to it, as far as her behavior has improved a lot, but every once in a while I hear this and she cries for her dad. 

Is this normal at this age, or am I being too hard on her and making her hate me? :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 'I want my daddy!!!'...

• Very normal.  When my daughter gives me this response I usually state that I want daddy too.  Let him deal with her.  HA HA!
  • dupe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends. How hard are you being? Are you reasonable or just being strict for the sake of being strict? My dad was super strict, and I would always want my mom. Not just because she gave in more, but because I felt (and still do) feel she loved me more and was more understanding.

That said, if anyone isn't giving DD what she wants, she asks for someone else, but it's usually for a treat or otherwise getting her way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"