Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I need formula advice!

I have been giving my 3-1/2 month old only breastmilk.  The past couple days at daycare, he is super fussy and acting hungry.  I am going to have our daycare try and mix some breastmilk and formula together and see if that helps his mood - because maybe being bottle fed with my breastmilk only isn't enough.  How do you decide on which formula is best? I am so confused!  Anyone have a good luck with the Gerber Good Start Protect Plus.  LO has always had some gas issues and a pretty sensitive tummy.  HELP!!

Re: I need formula advice!

• Options

We have gone from Enfamil to Similac and are now on Good Start.

LO is doing awesome on it.  The only thing I can suggest is to buy a small can and see what happens.  It is simply trial and error. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    i put DS on similac adv...just because it was the one that i thought most ppl had used and i got some in the mail...i started doing half and half in some of his bottles then i did like one or two full bottles a day alternating with bm then i just did it full formula and he did fine with it...u gotta just try it and see how he reacts because everyone is diff....most of the formulas have a sensitive one....as far as the gs i never tried it so i cant help with that....good luck tho!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh and definetly sign up on the websites for the diff form programs they mail u out samples and checks and it helps a lot!!
  • Options

Up until a month ago, I was ebf and now I am bf DD in the mornings and then giving bottles throughout the day. I mix both bm and formula in each bottle unless i'm out somewhere and then i'll give only formula. I am on maternity leave so DD is not in daycare.

DD has always had TREMENDOUS gas issues so I was unsure of what formula to use. I tried Enfamil and that made her really gassy and then my Dr. suggested Nestle Good Start. She has been on GS for about 2 weeks now and is doing great!  At least now her gas doesnt bother her anymore so that's a huge bonus!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks!!  Now how do i get my pregnancy ticker off and some cute baby pics on? I am all new to this.

• Options
    imagethash:

Thanks!!  Now how do i get my pregnancy ticker off and some cute baby pics on? I am all new to this.

To create a new ticker you need to go to "my bump" and then under I think it's "my tools" click on the one that says Tickers and then go from there. You'll also have to copy and paste the code and put it in your "edit profile" and of course, delete your pregnancy ticker off of your profile as well. From there to add pictures, you can  upload them on www.tinypic.com and copy and paste the code into your profile!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I was still BF my pedi recommended not to mix breastmilk and formula because it can compromise the breastmilk or if the baby doesn finish the bottle the breastmilk is wated, so I would give them breast milk and then top them off with formula.

I have twins and they are on two different formulas - one is on Members Mark - which is the same as Emfamil, but much less expensive.  The other is very gassy and has reflux and she is on Similac Soy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"