High-Risk Pregnancy

Weird feeling...

Hi all....I'm not sure what I am experiencing or the cause of it, but maybe you all have some experience or advice. Of course, I preface this by saying that if it continues or gets worse, I will call my doctor before waiting to hear any replies from an online message board.

Today is the first day I've felt a pinching/squeezing feeling in the bottom of my uterus. Its really not painful, but more just uncomfortable.  I will be 24 weeks tomorrow. I'm thinking that this may be Braxton Hicks, but I've never felt these before so I'm not sure (this is my first baby!) The baby is usually most active at night from 7-11 PM, but over the last couple of days has been increasingly active throughout the day, which I'm hoping is just a sign of the baby continuing to develop! This pinching feeling has happened on two occasions today, both lasting about 20 minutes.

Added to this, I have been experiencing some swelling to the point where I can see logo imprints on my feet from my socks and can't wear my wedding ring. Also, I seem to get headaches right behind either eye at least twice per day, always when I wake up in the morning. My doctor was not concerned about this at my last appointment a week and a half ago, but I'm just not sure what to think? I'm generally a very healthy person and don't get worked up over much, so I'm just not sure if this is a normal part of pregnancy or something I should be more concerned about. If it matters, I have recently begun working more hours than usual at my job with significantly more commuting time and have had quite a bit of added stress over the last 4 weeks. I'm sure this doesn't help matters and am seriously considering cutting back again, but financial matters make this difficult. Again, whatever I need to do to keep my child and myself safe comes as top priority. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Re: Weird feeling...

• Hey, i get the pinching feeling sometimes too...but im almost 30 weeks! The thing that worries me is your swelling, maybe just because I am super scared to get it, but that may be a sign of preclampsia.  I think I'd call my doctor to just be safe!  =)  Good luck lady!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"