March 2011 Moms

Is this movement?

I have yet to be sure that I've felt the baby.  Today, I've been feeling little spots of pain on my right side.  It goes as low as where my stomach is to a few inches above my belly button.  It's either in one spot or the other, not both at the same time.  I don't mean to call it pain because it doesn't neccesarily hurt, but it's not really all that comfortable.  If this is movement, I'll be happy do deal with it.  If it's not, it needs to stop.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is this movement?

• Baby movement has never been uncomfortable for me.  It just feels like a little nudge or bubble low in my belly.
  • I havent had too much uncomfortable movement except for today. . . Seems like every muscle in my stomach is sore so baby moving for the most part is ok, but every so often s/he'll get a muscle and it hurts bad!! Mostly baby moving has almost tickled . . . or just been like woa, what was that . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • At 18 weeks, your uterus wouldn't be a few inches above your belly button yet so if you're feeling pain there, it's probably not the baby. All my movements have been around the pelvic area (apparently, he likes to hang out around there) and are never painful...more like spasms or lil' tappings.
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Today is one of my better days for movement, but like a PP said it is more like someone is tapping you from the inside..shouldn't necessarily hurt
  • imageckandi007:
    At 18 weeks, your uterus wouldn't be a few inches above your belly button yet so if you're feeling pain there, it's probably not the baby. All my movements have been around the pelvic area (apparently, he likes to hang out around there) and are never painful...more like spasms or lil' tappings.

This. None of the movements I've experienced have hurt. Sometimes I will get an uncomfortable 'pain' on my right side, though. I asked about it and the doctor said it is probably just RLP.

• Ditto to pp above. If you are feeling pain, its possibly your uterus stretching.

All movements that I have felt, feel like a little finger poking me from the inside, sometimes it tickles but it is never unpleasant. 

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Thanks girls!  I've been focusing and really paying attention to see if I feel anything and then that started.  It hasn't happened for awhile now though.  I guess it was wishful thinking, although I'm glad to hear that the movement (when I finally feel it) won't be uncomfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"